HK 525 vs Denon 3805

Discussion in 'AV Receivers' started by Jason Brent, Apr 20, 2004.

1. Jason Brent

Jason Brent Second Unit

Upgraditis is setting in again....

Currently have had a 525 for a year. Sound quality wise, what do you all think I would notice between the two? How about the amplifier power with the denon vs the HK?

I know that the Denon has more features, but SQ is of major concern, and if this would be stepping backwards in that department, I won't do it.

2. Vital

Vital Extra

The HK 7200 would be the way to go. You can get it online right now for under $800.00 or so I think. That is a steal.

3. John Pine

John Pine Supporting Actor

John Pine
    Vital: So Jason would be able to tell a noticeable difference between the 525 and 7200?

4. Jason Brent

Jason Brent Second Unit

OK,

Here's one of main reason fueling the desire to upgrade. I would like to try this auto-eq feature. I guess I should also include Yammy's and Elite's in my list. I'm in an apartment now, and have a much less ideal room than I'm used to having. I think that these auto-eq systems could provide a great benefit to me.

Do any of these AVR's also EQ the sub? or just the other 5-7 channels?

I'm sure the 7200 is superior to the 525, but other than a more ballsy amp, and maybe slightly better processor with mostly the same features as the 525, I don't think it will help me much.

I guess I'm looking for more features than I have now (a better remote would be nice too) but keep as close to a sound signature as I have now with the HK.

5. Steven Simon

Steven Simon Producer

Steven Simon
    AH!!! Screw it.. MOve up to an Outlaw 950, and an external amp!!! Once you go separates you never go back... I was forced to downsize my theater due to family moving back in temporarilly. I used Denon 3803 for 6 months... Great unit, but I just switched to a Lexicon MC1 and it blows the 3803 off the map as far as Home Theater sonics... I have also had the Outlaw 950, and it performs well..... If it's in your budget, it's worth a look....