HK 525 remote macro question

Discussion in 'AV Receivers' started by Gus Smith, Jun 7, 2003.

1. Gus Smith

Gus Smith Extra

My HK 525 just arrived and I've been trying to program the remote macros and I have a question that I hope someone can answer.
    If I program a series of commands to turn on my tv, dvd player, and the 525, the 525 comes on with input source as the last input source used before it was last turned off. So, if I listened to say a tape through the 'tape' source, shut down the receiver, and come back later and hit macro 1 to power up the dvd player et al, the 525 input source is still 'tape'. Any ideas on how I can change the input source when entering in a macro?

Thanks
    Gus

2. Jason GT

Jason GT Second Unit

Try adding one more step to your macro -- after you turn the AVR on, Program the remote macro to select the AVR source.

3. Gus Smith

Gus Smith Extra

Right. That's what I'm trying to do. It seems when I hit the button for the source, it doesn't act as a command for the receiver but a step for the macro to understand what source the next button pressed should be for.

4. Jason GT

Jason GT Second Unit

I don't really want to dig out my HK manual right now (indeed things on the receivers have changed from my older receiver), but have you tried, after your final power command:

1. AVR on the remote followed by source? (ie, power on tv, dvd player, avr, dvd)
    2. Source, followed by source? (ie, power on tv, dvd player, dvd, dvd)

Not that I know this will work - I'm shooting int he dark [​IMG]

5. JeffTodd

JeffTodd Stunt Coordinator

Gus,

After seeing your post here yesterday I went home curious about macros. I toyed with my HK320 and was able to get a power on macro to work (AVR on, TV on, Video1 source). I am pretty sure that I simply input these commands (I hope the 525 and 320 remotes are the same).

Macro1 - AVR, Mute, tv power on button, Video1, Surround Button(to end the macro).

I am pretty sure this is what I did, but it seems to need some toying with to get it just right. I was having problems with a power off macro. I will mess with that tonight.
    Let me know if this helps.

6. Jonathan M

Jonathan M Second Unit

One of the problems you MAY be having is that the receiver may not pick up signals while it is turning on. Try having the power on for the receiver as the first command in the macro, then do whatever else you need to do to the other components, then finally change to the correct input on the receiver. Hopefully by the time the remote has issued the other commands, the HK will be ready to accept the change input command.

A way to test how long you need is to manually press power on, then quickly change the input mode and see if it does it.

The other problem you may be having is that there is a set of buttons to choose the remotes mode (DVD, CD, receiver, etc.) and another set to actually change modes on the receiver (On my NAD T752 remote it is the number buttons to change input modes on the receiver).

Just some possibilities.