HK 525 Owners, How is the Bass Management?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Joe, Dec 17, 2002.

1. Joe

Joe Stunt Coordinator

HK 525 Owners, How is the Bass Management? Also, how is the unit overall? Does the fan bother you at all?

Any comments on this unit compared to other HT recievers would be appreciated as well. Thanks.

2. Ryan Wright

Ryan Wright Screenwriter

Hi Joe,

I can't compare it to other receivers because my last receiver was 12 years old, but I love my 525. I haven't played much with bass management, but this unit is so full of features, I don't see how you can go wrong. Sounds absolutely wonderful.

I don't hear the fan because mine is in a room full of servers, on the other side of the house from the HT it's serving. I'd imagine if you put it in a cabinet, you shouldn't be able to hear it much, if at all.

3. Joe

Joe Stunt Coordinator

Anyone else???

4. Steven Simon

Steven Simon Producer

Steven Simon
    Bass Management is pretty flexible on this unit. You can pick your crossover ranges on each channel from 40hz, 60hz, 80hz, 100hz, 120hz, and 200hz with your small or large speaker settings being applicable....

The Fan doesn't bother me one bit... It comes on after a few hours of my unit running, and only lasts for maybe 3-5 minutes...

5. EdS

EdS Agent

Does anyone know if the 525 handles the LFE adjustment from DTS sources correctly? I remember reading that the 520 (and some other HK AVRs) did not handle the DTS LFE channel correctly, nor did it provide a means of calibrating just the DTS LFE channel.

Thanks