HK 525 - Defective FM tuner.

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Joseph_Mikhail, Feb 26, 2003.

1. Joseph_Mikhail

Joseph_Mikhail Stunt Coordinator

I just received my HK525 from Onecall. Hooked it up and it sounded great. Everything seemed to work fine until I tried the FM tuner. It seeks continuously and never stops on a channel. Good grief. I hope there is an easy fix for this. I spent two hours installing that thing. I sure don't feel like taking it out, packaging, and shipping it back to onecall. Then waiting a week and reinstalling it only to hope that it works.

I like the Harmon sound but if there is not an easy solution to this, I think it might be time for us to part ways.

2. MarkO

MarkO Second Unit

I know this may be a stupid thing to ask but here goes,,,,,you do have an antena hooked up,,,right?

3. Joseph_Mikhail

Haha. Yeah. I unhooked it and rehooked it about 10 times.

4. Juan M

Juan M Stunt Coordinator

This may also be a stupid question, but have you considered that it just might not be able to pull in any stations? Are you using the included wire antenna? In my house I know those things don't work too well. I recently got a 525 and the FM tuner was the first thing I was able to test. I didn't get many stations with the included antenna especially since I just let it dangle to the side. You may need to string the antenna out and tape/tack it up somehow in order to get any decent reception.

5. Joseph_Mikhail

No, I am sure the tuner is defective. I just upgraded from a HK520. Same location. Even tried my old antenna. I called HK and they agreed that it was defective. Although he said that he has never heard of a 525 with a defective FM tuner. I was the first. Oh well.

Onecall is shipping me another unit and I will send this one back. I have to pay for shipping to them though.

6. Raphael O

Raphael O Stunt Coordinator

you got pm.