What's new

HK 525 - Defective FM tuner. (1 Viewer)

Joseph_Mikhail

Stunt Coordinator
I just received my HK525 from Onecall. Hooked it up and it sounded great. Everything seemed to work fine until I tried the FM tuner. It seeks continuously and never stops on a channel. Good grief. I hope there is an easy fix for this. I spent two hours installing that thing. I sure don't feel like taking it out, packaging, and shipping it back to onecall. Then waiting a week and reinstalling it only to hope that it works.

I like the Harmon sound but if there is not an easy solution to this, I think it might be time for us to part ways.

MarkO

Second Unit
I know this may be a stupid thing to ask but here goes,,,,,you do have an antena hooked up,,,right?

Juan M

Stunt Coordinator
This may also be a stupid question, but have you considered that it just might not be able to pull in any stations? Are you using the included wire antenna? In my house I know those things don't work too well. I recently got a 525 and the FM tuner was the first thing I was able to test. I didn't get many stations with the included antenna especially since I just let it dangle to the side. You may need to string the antenna out and tape/tack it up somehow in order to get any decent reception.

Joseph_Mikhail

Stunt Coordinator
No, I am sure the tuner is defective. I just upgraded from a HK520. Same location. Even tried my old antenna. I called HK and they agreed that it was defective. Although he said that he has never heard of a 525 with a defective FM tuner. I was the first. Oh well.

Onecall is shipping me another unit and I will send this one back. I have to pay for shipping to them though.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChrisHord
Recent bookmarks