HK 525 crossover setting with Paradigm

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Eduardo Martinez, Nov 25, 2002.

1. Eduardo Martinez

Can anyone suggest wich would be the correct sub crossover setting for Paradigm Moni Monitors, CC350, and Atoms? With my previous receiver it was easy (it was fixed). Now, with the HK AVR 525 I have several options. What do you think?

Thanks,
    Eduardo

2. Eujin

Eujin Supporting Actor

Go to the Paradigm web site and look up the frequency response for your speakers. I can't remember off hand, but I think the lower cut-off for your speakers should be around 50hz. Just set the crossover accordingly.

3. Chris Drenner

Eduardo ,
    i just ordered an H/K 525 let me know what you think of yours and how it sounds.
    i will use mine to power older infinity rs5 towers,cc3 center and i believe they are rs3 rears...still haven't decided on the sub.
    think im gonna build it myself

4. Eujin

Eujin Supporting Actor

Chris and Eduardo,

I'd love to hear what you guys think of the 525, particularly the triple x-over bass management that's available for the 6/8 channel input for SACD/DVD-A.

5. Eduardo Martinez

Chris / Eugin:

The main difference in sound of the 525 compairing it with the Denon 3300 is in the center channel. I think that the sound in the center channel is more clear. With the Denon the sound in the center was muddy. I played a CD that I know very well (Fleetwood Mac - Rumours) and now I hear sounds never heard before.

Later I played several DVD concerts, and again, heard details not noticed before in the rears.

No hiss at any level (like the Denon), and until now, no fan noise. Have not tried SACD/DVD-A.

I am very happy with the HK AVR 525.

Eduardo

6. Eujin

Eujin Supporting Actor

Eduardo,

Are you listening to CDs with DPLII or Logic7? If so, it would explain why the center channel sounds clearer. The Denon 3300 did not have DPLII, so that would account for the muddiness that you heard before. Thanks for the comments and keep 'em comin'!

7. Eduardo Martinez

Eujin:
    I am using Logic 7 while listening to CDs. Probably that is why the center channel sounds clearer. The difference makes me smile .[​IMG]
    Eduardo