What's new

HK 520 or Denon 2800 (1 Viewer)

BrianDiP

Grip
Title pretty much says it all. I can pick either of these up for around $500. I don't know if there are any authorized Denon dealers that have it for this price, but jandr.com has the HK for $500. Any input would be most appreciated. By the way, I am looking at either Axiom, Klipsch, or the energy speakers if that is of any help.

Thanks!

--Brian

Rick_FL

Stunt Coordinator
HK 520. I have the baby brother, the 320, they are nice pieces of equipment, and at great prices

JohnSer

Stunt Coordinator
I was considering the 2802, but ended up ordering a 520. Choice was made primarily on the amp. The HK is 10lbs heavier than the 2802, which probably means the transformer/power supply is much more robust and able to handle 4 ohm loads better. Also has main ins, so it can be converted to a surround channel amp, down the road. By then, it will be a 10.1 world ;) Not saying there is anything wrong with the denon, especially if you plan on 8 ohm speakers. I believe the 2802 is more on par with the 320, while the 3802 compares more to the 520. If I could have got a 3802 for $500, probably would have been a different story, though.
PS: The FedEx man was here today, but no one else was :frowning: Should have the new toy tomorrow.
JohnS

Gabriel_Lam

Screenwriter
Wait until tonight on the AVR520 purchase. It'll be under $500 including 3 day shipping and your purchase will help support HomeTheaterForum.

Users who are viewing this thread