What's new

HK 520 Kicks off intermittently!? (1 Viewer)

RobP

Stunt Coordinator
I know the HK has a sleep timer and the first few times this has happened to me I though I had the sleep timer on by accident. But after several months of use I am now sure that it is not the sleep timer. I know many recievers will kick off if overheated but I'll simply have it running at normal volumes, granted this only happens after being on for an extended period of time. I'll turn it right back on and then its ok but its really annoying. Oh well I just wonder if any other HK users have experienced this.

Rob

Evan S

Senior HTF Member
Rob, I've had three HK receivers over the year. I've experienced this problem mainly with my AVR-35. For what it's worth, in my experience, if the sleep timer kicks off, the unit simply shuts down. If the protection feature kicks in it does give you some kind of a warning display in the LED. Honestly, I haven't had this happen to me in over two years and I noticed that it only happened when I ran the unit at high volumes for extended periods of time. I don't do that anymore because of restrictions in where I live presently. I really don't have a solution for you just to say I've shared in your experience.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks