hk 520-dpl2/logic 7 hardly audible

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by peter rustin, May 27, 2002.

1. peter rustin

peter rustin Agent

hi--i have a 520, and have set up my diva 4.1/c3/2.1 to speakers large...when i am listening to dpl/2 or logic 7, i can hardly hear the rear speakers at all...if i listen to 5 channel stereo, there they are, loud and clear!
    any ideas?
    thanks!

2. henning hoffmann

henning hoffmann Stunt Coordinator

You can set the levels on a per-surround mode basis. Just go into setup and turn up the surrounds.

3. AntonS

AntonS Stunt Coordinator

Rears or surrounds? Do you have 5.1 or 7.1 setup? Check the calibration first. Or can it be that you expect surrounds to play the same full sound as mains or as in 5ch stereo? It does not work like that. Surrounds provide ambience, reflections, and who knows what else, but not full sound (although they do provide full spectrum.) If you don't really hear them but instead you hear the sound enveloping you that's actully good and exactly what's supposed to happen.

4. peter rustin

peter rustin Agent

these are the rears of a 5.1, and they have been calibrated, fwiw

5. AntonS

AntonS Stunt Coordinator

Are you sure you did not configure your speakers with Surround Back (used in 6.1 and 7.1) instead of Surrounds? Are you getting anything at all from the surrounds when playing music in Logic7 or DPL2? If nothing at all, something must be wrong.

6. Leo_P

Leo_P Second Unit

Peter, as Anton correctly pointed out DPL2 and Logic 7 are supposed to give you ambience and such, through your surrounds. You say your rears are calibrated, so there's nothing wrong with them or the receiver.
    I think you're expecting too much from these listening modes. If you want sound to come from all your speakers all the time use 5ch. stereo.
    FWIW, I find the "liveliest" mode to be Logic 7 Enhanced. But, in certain instances DPL2 will sound better. You just gotta try 'em out.

7. peter rustin

peter rustin Agent

thanks guys--i'll keep listening