What's new

HK-520 Center Channel (1 Viewer)

Kenny Booth

Stunt Coordinator
The last few DVD movies I watched the center channel was missing. After I opened and closed the DVD player it started working again.
Anyone had this problem? I've only had the HK-520 about a week.

DonJ

Second Unit
I have a 320 and I have not had this happen. I would make sure that the decoder DD,DTS, etc.... is setup in the OSD.
It was a little difficult to setup read the manuel carefully because it is'nt that easy to understand. Good Luck.

RobP

Stunt Coordinator
Yea its happened to me although I think I have tracked it down to a comunication issue with my dvd player and certain dvds. Let me gues your dvd player is a Panasonic RV-31. Out of all my dvds it only happens with The Matrix and Armagedeon. Instead of popping the dvd drawer open you can also switch the reciever input mode. Like for example If your reciever is set to "DVD" switch over to "Video 1" then back to "DVD" it should kick right on!

Kenny Booth

Stunt Coordinator
Hi Rob,
I read your post before and was hoping you'd show up.
You're right I do have a Panasonic RV-31. It's only done this two times. Strange

RobP

Stunt Coordinator
Yea I have more problems with this reciever I swear. I just posted in the other thread about HK. Between the center speaker thing the remote dying and it shutting off whenever it feels like it I'm about ready to throw this thing down the street. Its a shame too, because I really like everything else about it.

Jim J

Second Unit
this happens to me too. It is not just the center channel, it is the surrounds too.

I have a panasonic player (RV32k or what ever it is). Happened on Toy Story. Any kind of change in settings: power, input, Night mode, whatever will help the rec lock on properly. May have something to do with the fact that the menus are in 2 channel??

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks