HK 435/635 question!

Discussion in 'AV Receivers' started by DavidCooper, Dec 12, 2005.

1. DavidCooper

DavidCooper Stunt Coordinator

How can I play full stereo out of this thing? I want to play my mains full range stereo witout the sub when listening to music. When I select stereo it still keeps the sub. Any HK owners out there?

2. Stephen Hopkins

Stephen Hopkins HW Reviewer
    HW Reviewer

I know many receivers have an option called "Direct" where the receiver bypasses all bass management. I would look for this button/feature and see if that helps. If not you might also try checking the manual until someone here posts. Hope this helps [​IMG]

3. DavidCooper

Oh I've been through the manual plenty of times and the feature that I want is "stereo" mode. It supposed to bypass the sub but it doesn't.

4. MikeNg

MikeNg Second Unit

Set your L/R channels to 'large'.

I assume you are using the sub out channel to feed the subwoofer.

5. LanceJ

LanceJ Producer

David: If it helps any IIRC the previous model, the AVR630, did what you're looking for.

In that receiver's onscreen (OSD) bass management menu, there is an option labeled "global" and "independent". If you set it to global, when you choose "subwoofer-yes", EVERY source will activate the sub output. But if you set it to independent, only that source you *specifically* choose to have "subwoofer-yes" will activate the sub output (I think the source to be configured is the one that was chosen immediately before the OSD was activated, but am not sure about this).

In other words: choose the CD input first, then pull up the b.m. OSD, choose "independent", then choose "subwoofer-no". I think that should do the trick; otherwise I would email/call Harmon themselves.

We rarely messed with the 630's b.m. system during those six months, since we always ran all speakers large [​IMG] + subwoofer-yes.

6. DavidCooper

Sounds good...I'll take a look tonight.