What's new

HK 325Z or 525Z factory renewed experiances? (1 Viewer)

Marcel_V

Stunt Coordinator
Im thinking of ordering the 325Z from onecall.com for 399...its a tempting price. Any owners of renewed HK stuff care to venture their good and bad experiances with it for me? :)

Also, I will be using it to drive a 7.1 setup of a pair of JBL N38's, N-Center, and N24 surrounds in a 14x16 room. Should I be concerned about power and go with a 525Z for a 100 more?

Opinions are much appreciated :)

Paul Clarke

Supporting Actor
Marcel,

I own multiple reconditioned H/K products sourced from both Harmanaudio.com and Ubid with no problems. If the Onecall items feature the same 2 year factory warranty they should be a good deal. If you can afford the extra $100 go with the 525Z. It keeps you from thinking 'what if?' and you'll sleep better. :)

Frank Mowry

Stunt Coordinator
I got the 525Z from Onecall two weeks ago. While I thought I had a problem I realized an error on my part during setup. All is fine now. Like Paul said, it's got the full HK warranty and for that price I couldn't resist.

Frank

Chris Purvis

Stunt Coordinator
I have a 320Z I bought direct from HarmanAudio. It has performed flawlessly for the last 6 months. The front panel was / is slightly dinged up, but it wasn't bad enough to make me return it (although if I had bought a new one that looked that way it would for sure have gone back).

Gary Joe

Stunt Coordinator
I decided on the 325 over the 525. After inquiring I was told there would be less than 2 db diff between the 2. So I saved my money and have been happy.

Marcel_V

Stunt Coordinator
Just to report back for anyone else who might be considering the 325Z, I ended up getting it from onecall and it arrived a couple days ago and I couldnt be happier. Looks to be in brand new shape and is working well. The only problem was harman forgot to put a power cord in the box for it! Onecall is sending me one and says this isnt the first time they have had that happen. :frowning: Thankfully I managed to find a temporary cord to use in the meantime. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks