1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

HK 325 switching

Discussion in 'AV Receivers' started by DanV, Oct 30, 2003.

1. DanV

DanV Auditioning

I am a newbie to HT and green up to the ears about AV receivers. I am looking at a HK 325 close-out and I would like to know - does this unit switch all the inputs to a single output to the TV? The less remote button pressing the better for the warden. If she is not happy neither am I. I will connect a DVD, VCR, Sat, cable and someday a Tivo type device. Receiver will drive a 5.1 setup with Klipsch Reference speakers 99.9% home theater use. Thanks.

2. Greg Thomas

Greg Thomas Second Unit

Only if you use all composite or all svideo. The 325 doesn't upconvert from composite -> s-video -> component.
    What input does your TV have.

It would sound great with your Klipsch though.

3. DanV

DanV Auditioning

Greg, thanks for the reply

The TV I have is a year old+ Sony Wega 36", SD, 4:3, model number ????300 I think. Besides the usual UHF/VHF input it has a Video 1 - an S and composite, Video 2 - a composite on the front, Video 3 is a composite in the rear, and Video 4 is component. Right now with no HT I have the Sat and Cable going through the VCR to the coax in. DVD is on Video 1. This will all have to change when I get the receiver to join the yet-to-speak surround I'm installing. If I have to use the video inputs I may have to get a different remote like the MX-700 with buttons and macros.

Dan

4. DanielGM

DanielGM Stunt Coordinator

the included H/K remote has macros that you can program and will most likely solve this issue. Pick it up its a great value close-out priced.