HK 325 switching

Discussion in 'AV Receivers' started by DanV, Oct 30, 2003.

1. DanV

DanV Auditioning

I am a newbie to HT and green up to the ears about AV receivers. I am looking at a HK 325 close-out and I would like to know - does this unit switch all the inputs to a single output to the TV? The less remote button pressing the better for the warden. If she is not happy neither am I. I will connect a DVD, VCR, Sat, cable and someday a Tivo type device. Receiver will drive a 5.1 setup with Klipsch Reference speakers 99.9% home theater use. Thanks.

2. Greg Thomas

Greg Thomas Second Unit

Only if you use all composite or all svideo. The 325 doesn't upconvert from composite -> s-video -> component.
    What input does your TV have.

It would sound great with your Klipsch though.

3. DanV

DanV Auditioning

Greg, thanks for the reply

The TV I have is a year old+ Sony Wega 36", SD, 4:3, model number ????300 I think. Besides the usual UHF/VHF input it has a Video 1 - an S and composite, Video 2 - a composite on the front, Video 3 is a composite in the rear, and Video 4 is component. Right now with no HT I have the Sat and Cable going through the VCR to the coax in. DVD is on Video 1. This will all have to change when I get the receiver to join the yet-to-speak surround I'm installing. If I have to use the video inputs I may have to get a different remote like the MX-700 with buttons and macros.

Dan

4. DanielGM

DanielGM Stunt Coordinator

the included H/K remote has macros that you can program and will most likely solve this issue. Pick it up its a great value close-out priced.