What's new

HK 320 DTS LFE Problem (1 Viewer)

Joe Wilmore

Stunt Coordinator
I know this has been asked several times before, but I couldn't find a clear answer on a search. Is there any clear answer on how to best handle this? Also, when selecting the fronts as large, is a full range signal going to the fronts, or only the sound above the selected crossover point?

gene c

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gene
I believe when set to large, a full range signal is sent to the fronts. Most people think you should set all speakers to small and let the sub take care of the bass. I usually set my fronts to large when listening at a lower volumn. I just think it sounds better. As for the DTS LFE problem, I'm not sure what the question is. Please give more detail. I have a 520 by the way. Gene

Baldemar Garcia

Stunt Coordinator
Joe,

My 320 tested just fine for the dts lfe problem. No problem at all on my unit, tested using The Ultimate DVD (Platinum Edition). FWIW, I did verify that a Pioneer Elite 33TX had the problem, EXCEPT if any extra processing was enabled. So the DVD is accurate.

And any speakers set to LARGE get a full range signal, as already noted.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.