HK 230 or HK 325

Discussion in 'AV Receivers' started by Jim Krotz, Apr 7, 2004.

1. Jim Krotz

Jim Krotz Auditioning

I Think i narrowed it down to HK. I am torn between the new HK 230 and last years HK 325. I like the looks of the 325... they are about the same price.

thanks

2. Clayton Jr

Clayton Jr Extra

One of the main differences is the multi-room functionality of the 3xx models, along with a tiny bit more power. I believe the newer models (x30) include some additional functionality that last year's models don't have, but someone else will have to chime in with exactly what changed.

3. Wayne Ernst

Wayne Ernst Cinematographer

Also, the AVR-230 only has "6" amplified channels and not 7 like the AVR-325.

4. Howard_You

Howard_You Stunt Coordinator

Unless you really like the looks of the AVR230 I would go for the AVR325. It's got 7.1 vs. 6.1 and multi-room support. Plus it weighs a good 10+ lbs. more so it's probably got a beefier power supply as well. I think the AVR230 does not have any additional features over the AVR325. The replacement for the 325 is actually the 430 which does add a few bells and whistles, plus a bit more power.

5. Chris Sherman

Chris Sherman Second Unit

I was going to buy one of these two. I went with the 325 and glad I did , much nicer build.