1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

HK 225 or 320

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by PeteSaccuman, Dec 13, 2002.

1. PeteSaccuman

PeteSaccuman Auditioning

I'm purchasing a HT system, and would like to hear what people have to say regarding the HK AVS 225 vs. the 320. The 320 can be had for $399, the 225 for $359.

Is there any significant new technology in the 225 vs. the 320? Are there any significant differences besides power output?

I'm a HT neophyte, want a decent sounding HT system, but I'm not looking to build the end-all system. System will be used mostly for HT. Thanks.

2. Rick_FL

Rick_FL Stunt Coordinator

get the 320. go to crutchfield.com and you can compare the two.

3. Jose G

Jose G Supporting Actor

I have the 225 and love it. I can't believe the 320 is down that low- a real deal if you ask me. I would have gotten the 320 if I were in your position, though. I think it has a better upgrade path if you choose to do so in the future. If you know you won't add external amps or anything like that-the 225 will be just fine, but one never knows does one?