What's new

HK 120 what am I missing (1 Viewer)

Adam J

Stunt Coordinator
Hi,

I have a smaller living room 13X15 to go along with my smaller budget and I went with the HK 120 receiver. I am happy with it, no complaints, but just wondering what I am missing out on when you compare the 120 to the 320. Here are a couple differences I don't understand:

Difference 1:

HK-120 Analog Source Decoding: 45dB

HK-320 Pro Logic® Decoding: 40dB

The 120 has Pro Logic II, but don't know why it lists analog decoding and the 320 lists Pro Logic decoding.

Difference 2:

HK-120 High Instantaneous Current Capability: ±25 Amps

HK-120 High Instantaneous Current Capability: ±35 Amps

I assume this relates to the range of sound that it is capable of.

Thanks for any clarification, and if there are any other unknown values with the 320 or comparable receivers please post them as well.

Paul Clarke

Supporting Actor
In the first instance, this refers to adjacent channel separation, correct? I don't know why the different nomenclature was used or a different value given. E-mail H/K...their tech people are very good at getting back to you and answering anything you can throw at them.
The other issue is related to peak levels. The higher the HCC rating, the more dynamic the receiver potential. Here's a useful Onkyo info site on these kinds of things:
http://www.onkyo.co.jp/www_e/thingsy...syoushould.htm

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks