What's new

Hitman: Contracts-->Mission 3 (1 Viewer)

James T

Screenwriter
I assume that there are people who have gone further than mission 3, but I'm having a bit of difficulty. I know what to do, but I can't find the radiation suit. The only suits I've found were in the sub already(where you get the bombs). The contact in the game mentioned a warehouse by the subs, but I can't find anything there.

John Doran

Screenwriter
i didn't even go into the sub, so i'm not sure how to help you.

i play each level solely to get the silent assassin rating, which means that i can't kill anyone but the targets. as a result, i whacked out the first guy in the can after he got the shits from the laxative i put in his soup. then i took his clothes and walked over to the transport ship and fibrewired the russian dude and then walked into a little room down stairs (past three guards), took the bombs, and then walked over to the sub and blew it up. then i walked back to the plane and took off.

easy-peasy....

i absolutely love this game.

on the other hand, getting the silent assassin rating on the english-manor level is proving more difficult - i haven't managed to finish it without setting off at least one alarm.

can't wait to try it again, though...

James T

Screenwriter
I almost forgot about my thread....

I think we're talking about the same part, but everytime I go to retrieve the bombs, my health drops b/c of the radiation levels. I guess I'll try again and maybe avoid getting shot will help.

John Doran

Screenwriter
yeah, it really, really is. it's a similar sort of beadth of choice that IO put in freedom fighters; i started playing that game again a little while ago, and i found entirely different ways to do the levels the second time around.

of course, hitman 3 has many more ways to complete each level even that that, and it makes the game enormously involving to play, especially for a guy like me who loves nothing more than to explore every inch of every level of every game i play - in this game more than any other i've played, that sort of behaviour is rewarded.

i tried going on the sub, too, and i lost life the moment i set foot on board. so i just walked off because there was nothing on it that i required.

from what you're saying i get the impression that the bombs you need to destroy the sub are on the sub itself (as well as where i found them); there has to be a way to get at them - can't you get to the radiation suit or bombs before you die from radiation-exposure?

James T

Screenwriter

That's actually what I did. I ran in, the docs were screaming, I shot the first one I saw in the head, took the suit, then murdered the witnesses and took the bombs. But when I did that, I lost close to 3/4 my life. And on my way out, my cover was blown, b/c a guard accidently ran into one of my bullets.

Dean Martin

Stunt Coordinator
You said you love this game, I was underwhelmed but haven't played very far. I know this is not the purpose for this thread but I bought the game used which gives me the ability to return it in seven days.
It sounds as though there is a level of depth there I must be missing.
I'm also dissapointed the game is only 480i.

James T

Screenwriter
I guess it depends on what you don't like or what you like about the game.

I like this game because of the freedom to do missions. In other games like Splinter Cell, there is pretty much one way to do your mission.

Take for example the above mission where John killed the guy after poisoning his soup with laxative. I noticed that on my second or third try. Before that, I picked up the hot poker from by the fireplace and walked rightup to him and poked him to death.

And since we're going a little off topic from "Mission 3", has anyone finished Hitman two? I got frustrated after Japan and stopped there, so I was a little confused when Hitman 3 starts in an asylum with a bunch of other Hitmen dead.

John Doran

Screenwriter
i finished hitman 2, but there's nothing about the ending of that game that makes the beginning of hitman 3 any more clear.

i suspect that the story will take shape as the game progresses. and i have to say i love the way it's unfolding already - after the third mission there's a great cutscene interlude that is almost exactly like the beginning of "payback" with mel gibson.

as for the poker thing - i didn't even know you could do that. awesome. i have to play each of these levels again.

You can get the radiation suits in the warehouse. When you walk in, the radiation is found in the first little block on the left.

Matt Butler

Screenwriter
Real Name
Matt Butler
Bumping this thread. Im returning to gaming after a 8 month hiatus. (Long story). Anyway I picked up Halo2, Hitman 3 and Atari this weekend.

My question: On the 2nd mission (meatpacking level). Is there a way of getting past the guards going inot the building? I get frisked when I go in and get into a firefight. I have survived and am partway through the level but I am wondering what I did wrong? Im dressed as a butcher and its at the very beginning of the mission.

I finished H2 and was a bit confused at this as well. H2 ends where he gets the priest back from the kidnappers and then 47 says goodbye and leaves the monestary.

And if you hated the Japan levels; you would have loved the last few. :eek:

James T

Screenwriter

You gotta dump your weapons. You can keep the butcher's knife since they expect that, but everything else has to go.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks