What's new

Hitman 2 now or wait for Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance? (1 Viewer)

Robert Burkes

Second Unit
Well, I'm a starving college student, so it's one or the other. Which game should I get for my XBox? Thanks for your suggestions! Later!

Rob

Dave Falasco

Screenwriter
I bought Hitman 2, and while it's enjoyable, I doubt it will get any PT once Splinter Cell hits. I'd hold out.

ChrisV

Second Unit
Yeah, I'd do a wait and see on Splinter Cell. Although both Hitman 2 and Metal Gear Solid 2 are good games, and you wouldn't be going wrong with either one.

Robert Burkes

Second Unit
Yeah, I will definitely be getting Splinter Cell. That comes out near my birthday, so I'll just ask for that then. I'm itching for a new game to play until then, though, so it's either Hitman 2 or MGS. Thanks for the replies, guys!

Rob

Dave Falasco

Screenwriter
Oh, in that case it's definitely worth a rental to see if HM2 is your style. I actually didn't like it much at first, but it has really grown on me. The first mission was too easy to just go in with gats blazing, and I thought the stealth that was so lauded was just a gimmick. But very quickly it becomes apparent that without sneaking and sniping skills you will just not get very far. Now, I rather like the game, but like I said, I fully anticipate that Splinter Cell will knock it from my Xbox tray permanently. But if you are going to grab SC anyway, then HM is a worthy holdover.

Just don't judge it by the first mission. Not that the mission is bad, it's actually pretty fun. But it's way too easy to just go psycho and take everyone out. In later missions, if you start to do that your target will escape (and that's as it should be, IMO).

JamesH

Supporting Actor
Hitman 2 really isn't to be missed regardless of whatever else comes out, I'd suggest at least giving it a rental or two.

Users who are viewing this thread