What's new

Hitman 2 - need some help playing (1 Viewer)

Bob McElfresh

Senior HTF Member
I just rented this for my XBox, (but thinking about buying it for the PC later).
But I'm having some problems.
I've only done 2 or 3 missions and I have tried to be subtile and only take out my target. But ... I keep getting "The Guards are getting Suspicious" and soon I have to pass by guards who shoot me - then thats all she wrote. I have to become the incarnation of Death to complete the mission. Disguises work sometimes, but I still get into gunfights.
Am I just too impatient to wait for guards to get out of the way so I never go near them? Do I need to take down a civilian and steal clothes at the start (dragging the body out of the way of course).
I'm at the begining of a mission at a dock where I need to go behind some box's to collect my weapons. I always seem to get caught by a guard which starts the shooting and the killing.... (It IS a lot of fun :) but I'd like to minimize the collateral damage)
Any hints?
PS: I saw the original HitMan for about $20. Is this worth a purchase?

Jason Quillen

Supporting Actor
The best thing to go by is the suspicion indicator beneath your health. Disguises work, but only from a distance or not looking directly at the enemy, if you have to get close. Naturally if you get close to them they'll know your not one of their associates and take you out. Walking past them quickly wont make them shoot you though (Dont run, that will make them shoot you - on of the keys to Hitman is walking). Oh, and if your in a disguise and they say something to you (often in some other language) just keep going, most of the time they wont shoot you.

Specific to the mission your on now, dont even cross the street to get your guns until the limo has passed (at the earliest). If you hang around those dumpsters the guard will get suspicious. Just chill out on the other side of the street until he walks in the opposite direction then walk over and get your stuff. That mission is a really fun one, BTW.
JQ

Bob McElfresh

Senior HTF Member
I've found I can go to the right, pass the first opening and actually stand near the side where the limo will show up. Then I can take out the 2 targets with the already-have ballers. But this makes everyone in the neighberhood chase me down so I never survive.
So..do I even need the sniper rifle? If I can get in behind the targets, I can take them out with pistols. But that car-bomb looks interesting... :)
I'll keep working at it.

Jason Quillen

Supporting Actor
Theres a way to do it all sniper, and a way to do it one sniper one car bomb, but I cant do it with all car bombs yet. Anyway, look at your map and the areas marked as "points of intrest", theres a lot to be discovered.
JQ

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks