What's new

Hitchcock's Suspicion (1 Viewer)

Mark Anthony

Second Unit
Does anybody know if Suspicion has or is being restored (a la Notorious) and/or is likely to be released on DVD in the near future - and if so by whom, as it's originally an RKO picture, I hope it's not an inherited Warner title as the chances of seeing it before the next century are....

Regards

M

Ken_McAlinden

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kenneth McAlinden
I believe the rights are currently held by Warner Brothers. They control most of the RKO catalog with a few exceptions such as It's a Wonderful Life, Miracle of the Bells, and Bells of St. Mary's which seem to belong to Artisan via Republic.

Regards,

Patrick McCart

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick McCart
In the last WB chat, they said that most of the RKO catalogue isn't in the best condition, so that's why there's not a lot of RKO films on DVD.

I've only spotted Little Women, Citizen Kane, Hunchback of Notre Dame, and Stagecoach on DVD via WB. LW was restored traditionally recently and Hunchback was restored by UCLA a few years ago.

It's ironic that Howard Hughes, a millionaire, never invested to have his films preserved properly.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks