Hitchcock's Suspicion

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Mark Anthony, Dec 19, 2001.

1. Mark Anthony

Mark Anthony Second Unit

Does anybody know if Suspicion has or is being restored (a la Notorious) and/or is likely to be released on DVD in the near future - and if so by whom, as it's originally an RKO picture, I hope it's not an inherited Warner title as the chances of seeing it before the next century are....

Regards

M

2. Ken_McAlinden

Ken_McAlinden Producer
    Reviewer

Kenneth McAlinden
    I believe the rights are currently held by Warner Brothers. They control most of the RKO catalog with a few exceptions such as It's a Wonderful Life, Miracle of the Bells, and Bells of St. Mary's which seem to belong to Artisan via Republic.

Regards,

3. Patrick McCart

Patrick McCart Lead Actor

Patrick McCart
    In the last WB chat, they said that most of the RKO catalogue isn't in the best condition, so that's why there's not a lot of RKO films on DVD.

I've only spotted Little Women, Citizen Kane, Hunchback of Notre Dame, and Stagecoach on DVD via WB. LW was restored traditionally recently and Hunchback was restored by UCLA a few years ago.

It's ironic that Howard Hughes, a millionaire, never invested to have his films preserved properly.