What's new

Hitchcock's FOREIGN CORRESPONDENT: Anybody have any news? (1 Viewer)

Kevin Leonard

Supporting Actor
Foreign Correspondent is without a doubt my favorite Alfred Hitchcock film. When Universal and Criterion started issuing fantastic DVD's of Hitch's library last year, I hoped that Correspondent would be among them. So much for that.
Does anyone have any news on a forthcoming DVD release of this film? Extras would be nice, but just a clean transfer would be enough for me. I have a decent-looking version I recorded off AMC (before they started their unfortunate descent), but it's quickly wearing out.
To be honest, I have no idea who even owns the rights to this. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Derek M Germano

Second Unit
As far as I know, FOREIGN CORRESPONDENT is in the Warner Home Video library as part of the same package that contains I MARRIED A WITCH and the Jack Benny version of TO BE OR NOT TO BE. All three of these classics really need to be released on DVD.

Brendon

Second Unit
Kevin,
Foreign Correspondant was amongst the various unreleased Hitchock films mentioned in this thread: Hitchcock fans-help!
To go off topic for a second: you are not the only Elvis Costello fan on the forum. Bacharach & Costello's Painted From Memory is rarely out of my CD player!
Cheers,
Brendon

Mike Girardi

Auditioning
If you're desperate, will accept no features, and can deal with a Chinese menu, these guys sell a legitimate (not a bootleg) R0/NTCS import from Hong Kong for $20:
Link Removed
Naturally there are Chinese subs as well, but they can be turned off. For the price, it's worth it (especially considering there's no other release of this title on DVD).

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
I'll bet Warner is planning on an eventual 1-2-3 punch, releasing THE WRONG MAN, FOREIGN CORRESPONDENT and DIAL "M" FOR MURDER simultaneously.

Rain

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rain
Definitely need this one on DVD!

And let me also add: Lifeboat and Suspicion.

Patrick McCart

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick McCart
Lifeboat is FOX.

I hope WB has all of the Hitchcock films restored that they own before DVD release...

Also, I'd like to add that I'd like those and Mr. and Mrs. Smith.

Jay E

Senior HTF Member
Does every movie Warner owns need restoration?

If so, why are they restoring films such as The Old Man & the Sea & The Prince & the Showgirl before such classics as Bringing up Baby, White Heat, The Thing, Public Enemy, Treasure of Sierra Madre, Gunga Din, The Hitchcock films & hundreds of other more deserving titles?

Patrick McCart

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick McCart
I meant restored as in a digital restoration or if the film is already restored.

Foreign Correspondent was part of the WB->AAP->UA->MGM->Turner->WB package, so it might need or needed restoration.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks