What's new

Directors Hitchcock screenshot contest (1 Viewer)

george kaplan

Senior HTF Member
There’s been at least some interest lately in having another screenshot contest, so here goes. This one is an all-Hitchcock contest, which may be pretty easy or pretty hard depending on how much Hitchcock you’ve seen. I’m assuming that there are enough folks around here familiar enough with Hitch to make this worthwhile.

Each screenshot will be worth a different amount of points, depending on how easy or hard the shot is, and how well-known or obscure the film itself is. So, an easy shot from a well-known film is worth the least, and a hard shot from an obscure film is worth the most. I’ll post one shot each day, and wait 1 week before posting the answer. Send me a private message with the # of the shot, and your guess of the film sometime before I reveal the answer for that film. There’s no deduction for guessing, so that’s always a good idea. I won’t reveal how many points a shot is worth until I give the answer, since the points might reveal something about the film.

Please don’t discuss the shots here in the thread, at least until I’ve revealed the answer. Some films will get featured more than once, and others not at all, so you can’t simply cross films off once they’ve been used. How long the contest will go depends on how much interest there is. I’ve set this up with a week’s delay in the first answer in part to give people time to find out about the game, without falling behind. So, let anyone who you think might want to play to know about it.

These shots will range the gamut from very easy to very hard, with most somewhere in between. So hopefully it’ll be challenging without being too frustrating. A casual Hitchcock fan should be able to get quite a few right, and a major Hitchcock expert will almost certainly miss a number of shots. But the important thing is to have fun.

Here’s shot #1:
There’s been at least some interest lately in having another screenshot contest, so here goes. This one is an all-Hitchcock contest, which may be pretty easy or pretty hard depending on how much Hitchcock you’ve seen. I’m assuming that there are enough folks around here familiar enough with Hitch to make this worthwhile.

Each screenshot will be worth a different amount of points, depending on how easy or hard the shot is, and how well-known or obscure the film itself is. So, an easy shot from a well-known film is worth the least, and a hard shot from an obscure film is worth the most. I’ll post one shot each day, and wait 1 week before posting the answer. Send me a private message with the # of the shot, and your guess of the film sometime before I reveal the answer for that film. There’s no deduction for guessing, so that’s always a good idea. I won’t reveal how many points a shot is worth until I give the answer, since the points might reveal something about the film.

Please don’t discuss the shots here in the thread, at least until I’ve revealed the answer. Some films will get featured more than once, and others not at all, so you can’t simply cross films off once they’ve been used. How long the contest will go depends on how much interest there is. I’ve set this up with a week’s delay in the first answer in part to give people time to find out about the game, without falling behind. So, let anyone who you think might want to play to know about it.

These shots will range the gamut from very easy to very hard, with most somewhere in between. So hopefully it’ll be challenging without being too frustrating. A casual Hitchcock fan should be able to get quite a few right, and a major Hitchcock expert will almost certainly miss a number of shots. But the important thing is to have fun.

Here’s shot #1:

Jeremy Stockwell

Supporting Actor
I'm in.

George, perhaps you could bump one of your old screenshot contests to raise awareness among those who may still have active e-mail subscriptions to the old contest, but don't check the Polls Area often.

I haven't been in Polls for weeks and just happened to check this evening!

Thanks, George.

No clue on either of the first two, but I'll take guesses for sure.

JKS

george kaplan

Senior HTF Member
Unfortunately they don't exist anymore. At least I can't find them. So, I'm just relying on people to pass the info along to those they think might be interested. The first answer won't be revealed until next Tuesday.

Shot #3:

george kaplan

Senior HTF Member
OK,

Just a couple of points of clarification.

You can vote for any of the shots until I reveal the answer. So, some of you who've come in late, and only given me a guess on #3, there's still time to submit answers for #1 and #2.

You can change your vote at any time until I reveal the answer. The last guess you send me prior to my revealing the answer will be your official guess.

Jeremy Stockwell

Supporting Actor
Hey George,

WRT this contest, any idea how you'll deal with the Forum upgrade if it actually happens this weekend?

Just curious.

JKS

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
i noticed it on the main page in the latest posts area.

george kaplan

Senior HTF Member
I guess it depends on what exactly the effects are. Unless the upgrade takes a lot longer than expected, I don't see it as a problem, though.

Jeremy Stockwell

Supporting Actor
Now what? Can I still change my answer to Shot #1 now since it hasn't been "revealed" yet?? :)

George, when you get a chance, let us know what the next play is.

Thanks!

JKS

george kaplan

Senior HTF Member
I had already revealed the answer to shot #1: Dial M for Murder (4 points).

Correct answers:

haggai
kevin m
bill mca
patrick mason

Other guesses:

stage fright
to catch a thief
torn curtain (x2)
under capricorn

Here is the answer for shot #2:

Foreign Correspondent (9 points)

Correct answers:

haggai
david mahlan
kevin m

Other guesses:

lifeboat (x7)
jamaica inn

Total scores so far after 2 shots:

13 - kevin m
13 - haggai
9 - david mahlan
4 - patrick mason
4 - bill mca
0 - marc fedderman
0 - jeremy stockwell
0 - elizabeth s
0 - doug irving
0 - brook
0 - adam s

Now, I may have lost some pms in the big crash. So, here is a list of people for whom I don't have a guess for one or more of the shots from #3 to #7:

Brook - missing #7
Elizabeth - missing #6 & #7
David - missing #6 & #7
Kevin - missing #5, #6 & #7
Bill - missing #7
Jeremy - missing #6
Doug - missing #5 & #6
Jeremy - missing #6 & #7

I have recieved everyone's #3, which will be revealed tomorrow, and after that no one will have 0 points anymore (number 2 was a tricky one). :)

Adam_S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam_S
I was about 90% sure those actors weren't in Lifeboat but I couldn't figure out another guess (never seen Foreign Correspondent).

Haggai

Senior HTF Member
Adam, Foreign Correspondent is great! One of my 10 or 12 favorite Hitchcock movies. There are a few rather, um, large plot holes, but it's very funny and exciting. Definitely a must see.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SaladinNagasawa
Recent bookmarks