What's new

Hitchcock movie question (1 Viewer)

teapot2001

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thi
Foreign Correspondent is playing on TCM tomorrow. I thought that I haven't seen it so I set my VCR to record it. However, when I looked at Leonard Maltin's move guide afterwards, the description sounded familiar. I saw a B&W Hithcock movie just a few months ago, but for some darn reason I am totally blank about it except for a windmill scene and perhaps some Nazis. Was that windmill scene from Foreign Correspondent?

I have a good memory, and it's bugging me that I can't remember much about a recently seen movie.

~T

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Yeah, it is. I think the most famous scene is the one with the umbrellas, though. Plus, I believe there's a nifty plane crash.

Who do we have to beg to get this on DVD? The IMDb has it as a UA film. Maybe Criterion can do it. At any rate, it may just inspire me to finally go out and buy Saboteur, which is about as close as you can currently get to FC on DVD.

teapot2001

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thi
Thanks guys. I remember something about an umbrellas scene and someone being shot at the beginning now. I'll probably watch it again to refresh my memory.

~T

SteveGon

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Gonzales
It stars Joel McCrea (Sullivan's Travels) if that helps. Great movie and one of Hitchcock's best, IMO. Let's hope for a DVD release soon!

Seth Paxton

Senior HTF Member
Now hold on. Didn't Torn Curtain or Topaz also have an umbrellas scene in color and a villan that hides at a windmill?
I didn't think I'd seen FC but maybe I did, yet I seem to remember it in color. :confused: Maybe I did watch it on dish awhile back around the same time I was watching some other Hitch films and they've all run together in my brain.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Don't know. Those are two of the few Hitch films I haven't seen. FC definitely had both, though.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks