HITCH DVD to include original score

Discussion in 'DVD' started by MattHR, Apr 13, 2005.

1. MattHR

MattHR Screenwriter

Here's a link to an interesting article on the forthcoming DVD for HITCH. Basically, test audiences loved the movie with the "temp" soundtrack filled with pop-tunes (well of course they did), so the intended (but then unfinished) score was ditched.

The director has chosen to restore the composer's originally intended score for the film's DVD release.
    The article doesn't make clear whether the original soundtrack will be an option, or replacement, for the theatrical version.

http://www.homemediaretailing.com/ne...rticle_ID=7397

2. MattHR

MattHR Screenwriter

My thread title may be in error. After re-reading the article, it's not clear if the new DVD soundtrack will be an option to, or a replacement of, the theatrical version. Hopefully details will emerge soon.

3. ZacharyTait

ZacharyTait Cinematographer

I hope they release Hitch with the theatrical soundtrack and the discarded soundtrack. I didn't see this in theaters and would hate to have seen a different movie on DVD than what was shown in theaters.

Any updates? Bueller? Anyone? Bueller? [​IMG]

4. Michael Reuben

Michael Reuben Studio Mogul

I edited the thread title to reflect the current state of (non)knowledge.

M.

5. John H Ross

John H Ross Screenwriter

Very cool! Now if only they'd do this with TIMELINE and TROY and 2001 A SPACE ODYSSEY. And while they're at it they can restore ALIEN (back into the film, in addition to the isolated track).

And GLADIATOR (1992) and ALIEN NATION and THE PUBLIC EYE and THE GOLDEN CHILD.

etc... etc...

Test audiences... what do they bloody know?

John

6. Bryan Tuck

Bryan Tuck Screenwriter

Bryan Tuck

Well, I guess they could release Donner's original cut of Timeline; I'm not sure what state it's in, or how complete it was, but Goldsmith's original score wouldn't fit the current version as it was extensively re-edited. I think the same thing would be true of Alien, but maybe they could restore certain portions, like the original opening and ending titles.

As for 2001, North's score was never finished, and in my opinion, what was written doesn't really fit what the film eventually became. But maybe certain selected scenes with North's music might be an interesting extra feature.

Troy, on the other hand, I would be all for. [​IMG] [​IMG]

I agree with Zachary, though; original released soundtrack should always be an option. I hope that's what they do for Hitch. It would be a very simple thing to accomplish. Aside from that, I think this is great; score one for score fans!

7. David Coleman

David Coleman Supporting Actor

I agree with the TROY score. That has to be Horner's weakest score and i'd love to hear Gabriel Yared's score to see if it strenghtened an already weak movie!

I also hope that for HITCH it would be an option as opposed to replacing it.