Hitatchi 43" Video Quality Issues

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by LouRob, Jan 1, 2003.

1. LouRob

LouRob Auditioning

I have a Hitachi 43" HDTV 16:9 Big Screen.
    Just bought it at Circuit City. Its actually the 3rd one I've had in the last month from them (long story).

But the problem I've noticed on this new one is that the picture looks fuzzy(grainy) compared to my last one. It also has noticeable horizontal lines that run across the screen, although more noticeable on colors like red and orange. It looks like a Red Corduroy Effect, but I think these lines are probably on the other colors also, just not noticeable w/ the darker colors.
    My picture isn't as clear as it should be. Definitely a noticeable difference than the exact same TV I just returned to Circuit City. (because the Magic Focus wasn't working correctly.)

The horizontal lines aren't noticeable on my Progressive scan DVD, but I still notice the picture being a little fuzzy(grainy). I would expect the DVD quality to be as crisp on this one as the last one.

Do you have any ideas what might cause this or what I can do to correct it???

I really appreciate any advice you could offer. I've been looking forward to getting this home entertainment for several years, and now it is pretty disappointing when I can't get it right.

My Current Settings:
    Movie Mode
    Contrast 35%
    Brightness 33%
    Sharpness 20%
    Magic Focused
    Temperature Medium

Thank You,
    Louis
    Knoxville,TN.

2. LouRob

LouRob Auditioning