Hitachi VS Mitsubishi ...HELP!

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Finn Z, Sep 3, 2001.

1. Finn Z

Finn Z Auditioning

Next week I'm going to purchase a 16x9 HDTV ready television. My home has a built in media niche so I am limited as to the size of TV is can put in it. The two sets that I am trying to decide between are the Hitachi 43UWX10b (43") and the Mitsubishi WT46809 (46"), both the same price. At first I was sold on the Mitsubishi by name, quality and the extra size, but then i SAW the Hitachi. I've taken a number of people to view these and we all agree the Hitachi looks better. It also has a smoothe wide feature where it only stretches the last two inches of a 4x3 feed. This feature looks much better than the fill and stretch views of the Mitsubshi. I will not be running a HD signal for a year or two and tried to simulate this on the sales floors. The sales people have been pretty terrible and only a few sales people have been able to get signals on the sets.
    I am now pretty sold on the Hitachi, but I need some feedback from all of you. Have I missed anything or, has anybody else experienced these sets.

2. Geordy

Geordy Stunt Coordinator

i don't know if it helps, but i have made the same decision you have made...hitachi over mitsubishi.
    i am buying the set this week, hoping to find a good pricematch for sears, let me know how you do
    geordy
    ------------------

3. Han

Han Second Unit

I thought Mitsubishi had their version of a smooth fill as well. Anyone?

4. Steve Schaffer

Steve Schaffer Producer

I don't own either of these sets, but have had an analog Hitachi Ultravision for 2 years and could not be happier. This set has been totally trouble-free, and according to VE and Avia has lost no brightness over 2 years of heavy use. The quality of Hitachi sets is at least as good as Mitsubishi, and if/when I upgrade to an hd-ready 16:9 set I will give Hitachi first consideration.
    ------------------
    Steve S.
    I prefer not to push the subwoofers until they're properly run in.

5. Finn Z

Finn Z Auditioning

Geordy,
    I'm pretty sure Hitachi will be the choice. I plan to purchase either from Video Only or from Circuit City next Monday or Tuesday. Let me know how your price hunt goes, I know for sure I can get it for $2000 flat(Video Only), but maybe even cheaper.

6. Matt Heebner

Matt Heebner Stunt Coordinator

The Hitachi may look better over the Mits out of the box, but Mitsubishi's are extremely "tweakable", and with a little knowledge, can be made to look as good or better than anything out there. A tweaked Mits is said to be comparable to a Pioneer Elite, at a lower price. I am not very familiar with Hitachi, or what kind of tweaks you can do for it, but I have read that alot of ISF techs like the Mits lines because they can make them look stunning.
    Just my vote for a Mits. I love my WS55807!
    Matt
    ------------------
    ....Eat, Drink, and Be Merry, For Tomorrow We Die....--DMB

7. Geordy

Geordy Stunt Coordinator

Finn--
    I don't know if you saw my other post...I got the 43UWX10B for $1899, with and additional 10% off, $1709 plus tax.
    No delivery fee.
    I told the guy CC had it for 1899, and he said ok.
    no problem
    hope you get a great deal
    Geordy
    ------------------