Hitachi vs InFocus - Projector Sugestion - Urgent

Discussion in 'Displays' started by Srinivas Reddy, Sep 30, 2003.

1. Srinivas Reddy

This is for somebody I know. He ordered a Hitachi SX5600W. And now comparing this to a InFocus 5700, he is in a dilemma whether to cancel the Hitachi and get the InFocus or not. This projector will be used for computer presentations as well as movies but mostly computer.

So which one of them is better for this scenario? I tried to do a search on this forum, but it came back with no results every time. There is only 4 days left to cancel the order.

Are there any other projectors that are more better in the $5K to $6K range ?

Thanks in advance

Srinivas

2. Neil Joseph

Neil Joseph Lead Actor

Neil Joseph
    For others, here are the specs of these two projectors...

Hitachi CP-SX5600 - LCOS

Infocus Screenplay 5700 - DLP

Here are some plus and minus points...

The first obvious difference in specs is the resolution. The Hitachi (4x3) is a SXGA @ 1365x1024 whereas the Infocus (16x9) is a WVGA @ 1024x576. Both have DVI which is a plus for his application but there is a big difference in cost between the two. For computer applications however, the Hitachi's extra light output would be a benefit. For movie watching, the Infocus's deeper blacks would be a benefit. The Infocus also has twice the lamp life of the Hitachi as well.

If I were offered the two projectors and told to choose, I would choose the Infocus if movie watching was my priority and I would choose the Hitachi if presentations was my priority.

3. Srinivas Reddy

Thanks Neil. That helps a lot. I am not sure where they got the MSRP for the Hitachi, it can be bought for under $6K.