What's new

Hitachi RP LCD pincushion question (1 Viewer)

Ralph Jenkins

Stunt Coordinator
Last week, I had the light engine replaced in my Hitachi 50v500 RP LCD TV due to a large red cloud that had appeared on the screen. All seemed well, but today I noticed a couple of problems while viewing a 4:3 program. First, the 4x3 picture was way too far to the left. I corrected this in the service menu by moving the horizontal position all the way to the right. However, the bar to the left of the picture is not straight; it curves a little at the top (I think this is the "pincushion" effect). I'm wondering if there's a way I can adjust this in the service menu. I don't know what many of the settings in there mean, so I don't want to go fooling around haphazardly.

Does anyone know if there's a way to correct for pincushion in the service menu? I'm hoping there's an easier way than adjusting/replacing the light engine, because that thing's a real hassle to get to. Thanks. :)

Gregg Loewen

Founder, Professional Video Alliance
Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gregg Loewen
there is no pin cushioning control
there has been some geometry error on all DLP / LCD RPTVs I have worked on. It is the nature of the beast.

regards

Gregg

ChrisWiggles

Senior HTF Member
You wouldn't want to correct this electronically on a fixed-pixel display anyway, it's like keystone on a fixed pixel display, you want to avoid that like the plague.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks