Hitachi PJ-TX100 Vs. Screenplay 4805

Discussion in 'Displays' started by warren whit, Nov 10, 2004.

1. warren whit

warren whit Agent

Well, i think i've narrowed it down between these two units, was wondering if you guys thought the Hitachi is worth the extra few bux? I'm piecing my system together slowly, just ordered amp, and the projector is next on my list [​IMG]

2. MarkusP

MarkusP Stunt Coordinator

Mark
    How far away will you be sitting from the screen? While I liked the 4805 for its black level, it had too much "noise" visible from my viewing distance (10' on an 80" screen) so I went with a higher resolution LCD projector. If you will sit 2 x the screen width away and don't really watch HD, I say save a couple of bucks and get the 4805. If however you will sit closer than 2 x, or you plan to view HD programing, jump on the Hitachi.

3. warren whit

warren whit Agent

well, my main seating will be about 17 feet away, and still not sure on what size screen we will be getting. Kinda deciding on what projector i get first before deciding screen size. The closest anyone would be sitting would be about 10 feet away, thats with a packed room.
    Thanks for you reply.

4. KirkP

KirkP Agent

We are a dealer for both models and I own a 4805 myself. The PJTX100 has some nice features (specifically motorized iris & lens shift)- what will you be viewing primarily? For me, I'm mostly watching DVD content with the occasional HD program (mostly sports) so I can live with my 4805 scaling 1080i/720p content. With your viewing distance, i doubt you'd notice much pixelization with either so unless you want native 720p performance, i'd stick with the 4805. I don't suggest you go larger than a 92" diagonal screen with the 4805.

5. Chris PC

Chris PC Producer

Not to confuse, but for the money, you should also consider the Infocus SP 5000, the Panasonic AE700 and the Sanyo Z3.

6. warren whit

warren whit Agent

the hitachi is about 1640 on ebay right now, not to much of a price difference. I think i may buy this weekend [​IMG] Thanks for the replies, if anyone else has anything to say, don't me shy [​IMG]

7. JoeZ

JoeZ Auditioning

Not trying to thread hijack, but I'm considering the 4805 and Z2/Z3 right now. I plan on mostly playing xbox on it, not wanting to see pixels. Also many movies and sports games.

Anything for under $2k that would work?

8. Wes

Wes Screenwriter

Wes Peterson

I would say the Panny "Smooth Screen" in the 500 and 700 is what you want then! Pixels disapear at around 3-4'.

Wes

9. JoeZ

JoeZ Auditioning

So for gaming (specifically Halo2 and NHL 2k5 for xbox) the panny still? That's a bit more than the other two...worth it? Seriously considering the x2

10. Wes

Wes Screenwriter

Wes Peterson
    Nor sure if thoughs games are in 720p/HD but the panny will fully display 720p, the 4805 will not!

Wes

11. JoeZ

JoeZ Auditioning

are there any other "cheap" but good 720p projectors? Any thoughts on benq 6200?