Hitachi PJ-TX100 coming :)

Discussion in 'Displays' started by Chris PC, Jun 16, 2004.

1. Chris PC

Chris PC Producer

The Hitachi PJ-TX100 projector is fairing well compared to the Panasonic PT500, Sony HS20 and Sanyo Z2. Its available in Europe and the UK and next week its available from Japan. In the next few weeks, hopefully it will be available from the US and Canada. It looks really flexible from installing with a really long and wide zoom, and also decent lens shift features. Contrast is very good with this projector. I am waiting to see what it looks like and how much it is through the various sources. Should be pretty cool [​IMG]

Anyone else interested?

2. Chris PC

Chris PC Producer

delete duplicate post

3. Chris PC

Chris PC Producer

Surely some of you must be waiting for this projector. Its possibley better than the Panny PT500 and Sanyo Z2 but not as expensive as the Epson's.

4. Chris PC

Chris PC Producer

Surely some of you must be waiting for this projector. Its possibley better than the Panny PT500 and Sanyo Z2 but not as expensive as the Epson's.

5. Dave Simpson

Dave Simpson Second Unit

Chris,

I like my current set-up just fine, but yes, I'm interested in the TX100 [​IMG] Cheers!

DS.

6. Dave Simpson

Dave Simpson Second Unit

Chris,

I like my current set-up just fine, but yes, I'm interested in the TX100 [​IMG] Cheers!

DS.

7. Chris PC

Chris PC Producer

I like you current set-up too. Kicks arse! [​IMG] Overall one of the better looking setups I've seen.

I'm looking at either of the Hitachi TX100, Panny PT500 or Sanyo Z2 as my next upgrade. My main reason for holding out for the Hitachi is the fact that it has very good contrast and black level without using any of the Sanyo or Panny "Lamp/Iris tricks". The PT500 does have good black level detail though. The price of the PT500 is dropping too, so I may "settle" for a 500 for now if the Hitachi comes out and is really really expensive vs the Panny, regardless of Europe/UK or Japan source. I already know Canadian prices will be too high and what the actual US street price is going to be is still a mystery to me.

My L200's doing ok, but viewing all these higher resolution projectors with their better contrast has me itching to upgrade [​IMG]

8. Chris PC

Chris PC Producer

I like you current set-up too. Kicks arse! [​IMG] Overall one of the better looking setups I've seen.

I'm looking at either of the Hitachi TX100, Panny PT500 or Sanyo Z2 as my next upgrade. My main reason for holding out for the Hitachi is the fact that it has very good contrast and black level without using any of the Sanyo or Panny "Lamp/Iris tricks". The PT500 does have good black level detail though. The price of the PT500 is dropping too, so I may "settle" for a 500 for now if the Hitachi comes out and is really really expensive vs the Panny, regardless of Europe/UK or Japan source. I already know Canadian prices will be too high and what the actual US street price is going to be is still a mystery to me.

My L200's doing ok, but viewing all these higher resolution projectors with their better contrast has me itching to upgrade [​IMG]

9. Kamil_k

Kamil_k Extra

There is a large-ish thread at avsforum re this pj. Some folks east of the Atlantic are already enjoying them in their homes.
    The main problem seems to be with the US/CA pricing, at about $4K for the latter and perhaps the same (!) for the former (local currency).

I think it is a mistake or PR move that will be corrected in due time. Perhaps CA MSRP will be $4K CA but will sell for less, with equivalent US pricing.

10. Kamil_k

Kamil_k Extra

There is a large-ish thread at avsforum re this pj. Some folks east of the Atlantic are already enjoying them in their homes.
    The main problem seems to be with the US/CA pricing, at about $4K for the latter and perhaps the same (!) for the former (local currency).

I think it is a mistake or PR move that will be corrected in due time. Perhaps CA MSRP will be $4K CA but will sell for less, with equivalent US pricing.

11. Chris PC

Chris PC Producer

Yeah I'm following that thread, just wanted to see if anybody over here was aware of the Hitachi. Should be fairly interesting.

12. Chris PC

Chris PC Producer

Yeah I'm following that thread, just wanted to see if anybody over here was aware of the Hitachi. Should be fairly interesting.

13. Larry Hoffman

Larry Hoffman Stunt Coordinator

I'm hoping to have some news regarding the Hitachi soon.

Larry

14. Larry Hoffman

Larry Hoffman Stunt Coordinator

I'm hoping to have some news regarding the Hitachi soon.

Larry

15. Chris PC

Chris PC Producer

Any info's about the Hitachi PJ TX100 at Tigerdirect?

16. Lee Distad

Lee Distad Stunt Coordinator

We just intalled our Hitaci and it is a fantastic looking unit. It gives the Yamaha LPX510 a run for its money, and it is CDN$1500 less!

Bright, vibrant, colorful and clear. Slightly more obvious SDE than the AE500 or the LPX510, but nothing some creative use of the sharpness control can't rectify. I'm shortlisting my own projector shopping list, and the Hitachi just moved to the top of the pile.

17. Jim Mcc

Jim Mcc Producer

Jim
    Infocus also has a new LCD 720P projector out, the 5000. That will compete with the Hitachi.

18. Chris PC

Chris PC Producer

Yep, I heard about that. The Infocus 5000 appears to use some sort of lamp modulation for maximizing contrast, so its not necessarily going to match the contrast of the Hitachi's contrast for a fixed image (checkerboard etc). We'll see when it come out. Also, the Panny AE700 is on its way too. I think the Hitachi is still a good bet. Depends on warranty and bulb life.