Hitachi pj-tx10 projector

Discussion in 'Displays' started by Harry Lincoln, Dec 28, 2003.

1. Harry Lincoln

Harry Lincoln Stunt Coordinator

I'm looking for an entry level projector, so far the only unit I've demo'ed is the hitachi pj-tx10 LCD(its the only one in stock locally). Has anyone had any experience with this model, if so what are your opinions? Are there other models I should consider in the same price range?

Thanks in advance for your help.

2. Neil Joseph

Neil Joseph Lead Actor

Neil Joseph
    How much can you get this projector for? Other similar PJ's include the Sanyo Z1 which is also native 16x9 (WVGA) with a slightly higher resolution of 964x544, Panasonic L300U which is similar in spec with the Sanyo Z1, and the Panasonic L200U.

3. FrankHW

FrankHW Agent

If this is the same model as the Home-1, I just bought one after a comparison with the Sanyo Z1. The picture and colors were deeper and richer, and the flexibility options are just phenomenal (front-vent, awesome zoom lens, etc.)

You won't be disappointed.

4. Harry Lincoln

Harry Lincoln Stunt Coordinator

Thanks for the replies.
    I can get the projector for $2990 aus.
    I went to another dealer and they had the infocus 4800 DLP on display, the picture looked considerably better than the Hitachi, the room I demoed the infocus in wasn't very dark either. I can get the infocus for $3100 with a free screen or I can get the X1 for about $2000.