What's new

Hitachi difference (1 Viewer)

John Alvarez

Screenwriter
Does anyone know the diffrenece between the VS and VX series of Hitachi's LCD RP sets? Has anyone compared these to the Sony XBR950 LCD RP? I have been eyeing the sony for a bit but the wife likes the black case of the Hitachi.

John Alvarez

Screenwriter
ULTRAVISION® CINEFORM VS810 SERIES
Featuring 50-inch, 60-inch and 70-inch screen sizes, Hitachi’s UltraVision CineForm VS810 series (50VS810, 60VS810 and 70VS810) delivers top of the line picture quality in a sleek contemporary design. At the core of the dramatic design is Hitachi’s exclusive high-contrast 2-stage lens system with 7:1 Fresnel lens and an ultracompact HD 3-panel light engine. Integrated with a high-contrast fine-pitch screen, anti-reflective high-contrast shield and first-surface mirror, the 720p HDTV delivers unbeatable high definition images. The sets are digital cable-ready and CableCARD compatible with an integrated HDTV tuner.
Ensuring that signals from the set’s dual NTSC tuners or other component sources reaching the screen are of the highest possible quality, the VS810 models are equipped with Hitachi’s proprietary VirtualHD™ 1080p video processor that up-converts all non-native signals to match the set’s 720p high-definition display resolution.
Additional features include automatic 1080i 3:2 film processing, 26-point advanced video processing, three high definition aspect modes, six standard-definition aspect modes, new Digital Color Management II and HD Digital Window™ Split Screen. Other functions include an adjustable color decoder, four color temperature memory, four-step black enhancement, digital 4MB 3D Y/C comb filter, dual HDMI audio/video inputs, an optical digital audio output, photo memory card USB input, Day and Night Memory by Input with Timer, 40-watt 3-way speaker system, TV-as-Center speaker and Hitachi’s new illuminated Roll and Click remote. The 50VS810 and 60VS810 ship in Q3. The 70VS810 ships in Q4.

ULTRAVISION DIGITAL CINEFORM DIRECTOR’S SERIES VX915
Adding Hitachi’s new Learning AV NET III, simple remote, Deep-Black Anti-Reflective Shield and dual IEEE 1394 interfaces, the Director’s Series VX915 CineForm sets also feature a High Gloss Black with Black Trim cabinet in 50-inch, 60-inch and 70-inch screen sizes. Shipping in Q3, the 50VX915 and 60VX915. The 70VX915 ships in Q4.

andrew lewis

Agent
I would take the VX or VS over any sony on the market. I am not impressed w/ any sony LCD projection tv's right now...including the overpriced XBR. The Hitachis look better, have better color and sharper pictures. The only upside of the Sony's is non-reflective glass...which the VX takes care of.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks