Hitachi @ Costco?

Discussion in 'Displays' started by Tim Jin, May 27, 2004.

1. Tim Jin

Tim Jin Supporting Actor

Hi,

I heard that Costco is carrying Hitachi's HDTV (RPTV). I think they have a 50" that the model number ends with s12 and another one that ends with s13.

Has anyone else seen these sets at their local Costco?

Do you know the exact models?

Is this a good deal?

Thanks,
    Tim

2. Steve Schaffer

Steve Schaffer Producer

Those don't sound like any Hitachi model numbers I've ever seen. Here in Fresno they have a 42" AKAI, a 51" Panny, and a 64" Pioneer, no Hitachi.

Why don't you just hop in your car and motor on over to your nearest Costco and take a look? Alternatively they do sell stuff online for pickup at their stores so you might check their website.

3. Tim Jin

Tim Jin Supporting Actor

I have family in Boston. At their Costco, they have Hitachi's. They were asking me if I know anything about them or the exact model numbers.

Sorry for not explaining myself better.

4. Paul.S

Paul.S Producer

Paul
    Hmmm--I could be totally wrong, but I don't recall seeing Hitachi larger sets; smaller ones (I think 13" and 20"), but not 30"+ at my West L.A. location. Larger sets include JVC, Tosh, Samsung and Pio. I'm in there on a weekly basis and will check (probably tomorrow) and drop back in.

-p

5. Steve Schaffer

Steve Schaffer Producer

Tim,

Sorry, your Orange County location led me to believe the selection at CostCo might be similar to what i've seen here in Fresno--my bad. I would easily believe the selection in New England could be completely different than what we see here. Those partial model numbers don't jive with any of their projection sets, and their direct views are usually only available at a very few stores here in California.

Maybe you could try Hitachi's website to find a match to those partial model numbers?

6. Tim Jin

Tim Jin Supporting Actor

No problem Steve. I am to blame also [​IMG]

7. Paul.S

Paul.S Producer

Paul
    Checked yesterday and there are no Hitachis at my local West Los Anglees Costco. -p

8. Tim Jin

Tim Jin Supporting Actor

My family is Bostn checked again at their Costco. They got the brands mixed up. They were refering to Toshiba and not the Hitachi.

Sorry.

9. Paul.S

Paul.S Producer

Paul
    Ah now Tosh I know my Costco has. Ironically, I'm on my way there shortly to buy yet another bag of eight bananas for 99 cents, and will as usual swing down the TV aisle. [​IMG] Will check on Tosh sets and drop back in. -p

10. Paul.S

Paul.S Producer

Paul
    My Costco sorta comports with what Steve reports in his post #2 in terms of larger projection sets. The smaller Tosh sets currently stocked are:

MV13P3 - 13" CRT TVCR - $99.99
    MD20FP3 - 20" CRT TV/DVD - $249.99
    32A14 - 32" CRT - $319.99
    36HF73 - 36" flat CRT - $999.99

And there's a display model of the 50H13 50" 16x9 RPTV - was $1499.99, now $1300.

-p