What's new

Hitachi 65 SWX and UPS (1 Viewer)

Joe6pack99

Second Unit
Real Name
Jarett
Well just received my set and need some recommendations on a UPS for this beast. I really don't want to break the bank but i do want enough juice to protect the thing from surges and outages.

Mike Matheson

Second Unit
Hi Jarrett,

Are you sure you need/want the UPS aspect rather than simply surge protection and the normal filtering? Just want to make sure.

BTW, does your manual indicate how much power draw your SWX has?

Chris Hovanic

Supporting Actor
I am kind of interested in this question too...

Is it easier on the TV if I manualy power it off while its on UPS power then from the sudden power outage even if its on a surge protector?

Joe6pack99

Second Unit
Real Name
Jarett
Honestly not quite sure what i should look for to protect this thing. Some people say ups power may not be good on the set. I need some recommendations guys...what do some of you all use for your large rptv's?

Mike Matheson

Second Unit
There's some great info regarding surge protectors, etc., in the HTF Primer here.

A UPS may be useful for devices like the Tivo, which can loose their settings if they loose power. I'm not sure how much benefit a UPS would be for an RPTV. On the other hand, a UPS would be a good bit more expensive than a basic, quality surge protector, and it (the UPS) may not even offer the same level of surge protection. . .

There've been a number of past threads going into some detail on the whole UPS idea. You might try running some searches, maybe using keyterms "UPS power" or "UPS surge" etc. (vs. just "UPS", which might also bring up discussions of shipping via UPS). Use the "Slow" or "Slowest" search feature rather than the default "Fast Search".

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks