Hitachi 61sdx01b&hdtv Rvr 811

Discussion in 'Displays' started by Earl Simpson, Jun 20, 2004.

1. Earl Simpson

Earl Simpson Supporting Actor

I just got my HD811 rcvr from Dish and clicked on the 1080i function on the dish menu and all 3 colors are separated. 720p is fine. Also in HDTV mode, the regular component input display for 4x3 480p leaves a ragged small black border on the left and right of the screen.
    SVS is fine on an alternate input.
    Does this mean I need a calibration, and if I do should I try to eliminate the small black border in 480p mode?

2. Earl Simpson

I just got my HD811 rcvr from Dish and clicked on the 1080i function on the dish menu and all 3 colors are separated. 720p is fine. Also in HDTV mode, the regular component input display for 4x3 480p leaves a ragged small black border on the left and right of the screen.
    SVS is fine on an alternate input.
    Does this mean I need a calibration, and if I do should I try to eliminate the small black border in 480p mode?

3. Steven_Jobe

Steven_Jobe Stunt Coordinator

I have the exact same problem on my Sony KV-32HS510. No matter what I do my reciever thinks my TV is widescreen even if i change the settings and all 4:3 broadcasts show up with black bars at the top, bottom, left, and right of the screen leaving me with a small window of a viewing area. If anyone can help please do.

4. Steven_Jobe

I have the exact same problem on my Sony KV-32HS510. No matter what I do my reciever thinks my TV is widescreen even if i change the settings and all 4:3 broadcasts show up with black bars at the top, bottom, left, and right of the screen leaving me with a small window of a viewing area. If anyone can help please do.

5. Steven_Jobe

Can someone help us on this? Is there any way to get either the satellite reciever to display 4:3 images full screen or is there any way on my Sony KV-32HS510 to change it so that it doesn't automatically put 1080i broadcasts in widescreen?

6. Steven_Jobe

Can someone help us on this? Is there any way to get either the satellite reciever to display 4:3 images full screen or is there any way on my Sony KV-32HS510 to change it so that it doesn't automatically put 1080i broadcasts in widescreen?

7. Earl Simpson

I think its auto. But the 811 remote has a strecth mode button for 4x3 signals =*.
    Works great for the non HD channels.
    Sears is coming out next week to fix 1080i problem! I hope!

8. Earl Simpson

I think its auto. But the 811 remote has a strecth mode button for 4x3 signals =*.
    Works great for the non HD channels.
    Sears is coming out next week to fix 1080i problem! I hope!