Hitachi 57UWX20B with +25% red push...

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by JohnGoggan, Mar 20, 2003.

1. JohnGoggan

JohnGoggan Stunt Coordinator

I calibrated my new 57UWX20B today using Avia. Using the blue filter, I had no problem setting saturation and hue and getting it just how I expected it to be. I then checked the color decoder test. With the blue filter, it is right on, as it should be. With the green filter, it is about -5% to -10% -- which doesn't bother me. With the red filter, it is at +25%! I appear to have an extreme red push problem.

I can try to compensate just using the normal saturation control, but to get it even to +15%, I really end up putting my blue out of whack.

I have too many varied inputs to make an attenuator type of adjustment. Is there a service menu option to try to fix this maybe?

Thanks!

- John...

2. dpippel

dpippel HTF Premium Member
    Supporter

Doug
    John - This is a known and easily correctable problem with the factory color decoder settings on Hitachi RPTVs. A simple service menu tweak will allow you to tame the red push down to zero. It's a rather large improvement. Check out this thread over at AVS Forum for details:

Hitachi Red Push Thread at AVS Forum

There's a ton of great clibration info on these TVS in the Rear Projection Units forum there as well. Good luck.

3. JohnGoggan

JohnGoggan Stunt Coordinator

I actually found that site and info soon after posting here too! Thanks for the reply though! I hope to adjust my red push this weekend...

- John...