Hitachi 57SWX20B price w/warranty

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by RickMel, Jul 28, 2002.

1. RickMel

RickMel Extra

I have the usual question... for the Hitachi 57SWX20B and 3 year warranty (Great Indoors-Sears)...is $3150 a good price.?

I know the retail price is $3200 so this seems to be a good deal. I guess it depends on how good The Great Indoors (Sears) warranty is. I also will have 0% financing through The Great Indoors for 1 yr.

I was about to pull the trigger on the deal but then hesitated b/c I wasn't sure if this was a good all around deal.

Any thoughts on the total price or on The Great Indoors warranty in general ????

2. Peter Hunt

Peter Hunt Stunt Coordinator

I can't comment on the price as I'm in Canada but wanted to ask... Did you see the set in person and did Sears have the several new Hitachi's? They're schedualed for release in the States for August and I'm hoping they appear in Canada shortly after.
    Any thoughts on the new set? You basing you decision on a review or on what you saw in the store? Just curious as I have a major itch that I'm hoping these new sets will cure [​IMG]
    Thanks

3. James Stierman

James Stierman Stunt Coordinator

I work for the great indoors in novi, mi and it is a good warrenty. It covers everything, even a yearly matentience where they will come out to your house and calibrate your set. It even covers cometic damage for three years, power surges, the remote control, eveything. The warrenty is acttually all serviced by sears home central.

4. MatthewH

MatthewH Agent

I saw the new Hitachi set (57SWX20B)this weekend at a local electronics store. I was every impressed at the way the television's cabinet looked. I can't attest on picture quality because it was hooked to a bad feed and I didnt have time to look at it a little further. I was ready to pull the trigger on a 57HDX82, however, after seeing the Hitachi, it looks like a little more comparing will be in order once I can see both of these TV's side by side. The Hitachi had a sticker of $3299.00

5. RickMel

RickMel Extra

I was also comparing the two... the Toshiba 57HDX82 and the Hitachi 57SWX20B. Based on features alone, I was leaning toward the Hitachi. I don't think that the Toshiba is out yet for direct, side by side comparison.

You said, your were about to "pull the trigger" and get a 57HDX82. Have you found it? Is it out yet? I was told that it wouldn't be out 'till Sept. Tweeter has a Sept 1 date.

I have been impressed with last years Toshiba line. Specificaly, the Cinema Series.... but, I've heard very good things about the Hitachi's picture and feature set. I have seen the 50SWX20B and was impressed with the brightness of the picture even with the contrast down to 35%. The Toshibas are also known for their brightness.

So, I have a dilema too....Toshiba or Hitachi. I've gone back and forth but I think I'll get the Hitachi... if the price I've been offered seems good.

Please let me know if you have seen the Tosh 57HDX82 anywhere. I would like to see it in person before I decide one way or another.

Thanks.

P.S. I didn't get a chance to play around with the Hitachi's stretch modes. There is one more mode offered compared to the Toshiba. Are they as good as the Toshiba's though.