Hitachi 57SWX model on the way out?

Discussion in 'Displays' started by Peter Overduin, Jul 25, 2003.

1. Peter Overduin

Peter Overduin Supporting Actor

I am about a week or so away from making what I had hoped was the purchase of a Hitachi 57SWX, though the Audio/Video retailer in Abbotsford says they are no longer available and are being replaced by a newer model that is not as good as the 57SWX.

I thought this was a current year model and cannot find anything relating to 'new' models that replace it.

Now, I am considering the new Toshiba 57HX83 which is just coming out, but the Hitachi would still be my first choice.

Any info/thoughts would be appreciated. Thx

I should note that the retailer, after saying the 57SWX was no longer available, did try to sell me on a 65TWX demo model that he said he would give me for the same price. Why did some red lights - and I'm not talking the infamous Hitachi "red push" - come on in my head?

2. joey mr

joey mr Stunt Coordinator

the new hitachis are the s500 and they are as good as the swx and some say better and the s500 has better stretch mode [​IMG] and has a lot of goodies [​IMG]

you should do some reading on the unit and i think you will be very impressed :b