What's new

Hitachi 53UWX10b Convergence Unit $$ (1 Viewer)

LorneS

Auditioning
I am the not so proud owner of an Hitachi 53UWX10b, I have had this tv from new and have been very happy with it up till a few months ago. The convergence went out a little and eventually has gotten to the point of the cheezy 3D movie look without the glasses. Took it in and as I suspected the convergence board needs to be replaced, I thought the board might be a few hundred bucks but am being told it is 550 Cdn for the board alone, is this actually the going rate for these boards or am I being hosed? I would like to know where I can cross check this price online so I can feel a little better about my dilemma.(SO IF YOU CAN PROVIDE A LINK TO THE PART AND IT'S PRICE i WOULD REALLY APPRECIATE IT) I really have to pretty much bite the bullet and get it fixed as I can't swing a new model right now and as I have had this since new I can't bring myself to throw away a tv I spent 4,500Cdn on only four years ago, I was intending to upgrade in about 3 years not right now, just renovated a house and that needs to be paid down first.
Opinions?? I was thinking if this will go another 3 or 4 years I would have this one professionally calibrated and that should carry me along, what do you think??

John S

Senior HTF Member
$550 CDN doesn't sound that high to me. Upper end of what they cost anyways.

On the repair. Once again probably on the threashold of what makes sense finances wise as long as the display is HD. On non HD displays, no way.

LorneS

Auditioning
Thanks John am glad to know that is normal $$. And yeah I am running HD signals on it or indeed I wouldn't bother. I wish I could have talked the Mrs into the new 60 inch Hitachi LCD but apparently furniture is up next, I blew my brownie points on a computer upgrade at X-Mas. As long as I can get 2 more yars or so out of it I will be happy, I think I might even have Michael Chen tune it up as well, sounds like I would get the maximum enjoyment out of it ISF'd

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation155
Recent bookmarks