Hitachi 51SWX20B - Red Tint - HELP!!!

Discussion in 'Displays' started by Ron Reda, Jan 30, 2005.

1. Ron Reda

Ron Reda Cinematographer

Just about two days ago while watching a DVD, I noticed that the picture on my Hitachi 51SWX20B seemed to have an overall red tint to it. Hoping that it was just the color scheme of the movie, I tried a few other DVDs, but unfortunately noticed the same thing. In fact, even my wife noticed it, so it's more than subtle or just a figment of my HT mind [​IMG] . What's strange is that this occurence seems to have appeared out of nowhere. Also, the red tint only appears to be occuring on "input 1" which is what I use for DVDs and was the input that was ISF calibrated back in March of 2002. At this time, I do not notice the red tint on "input 2" which is used for HDTV signals. I'm hoping I just need an ISF adjustment, but am getting concerned. What to do??? [​IMG]

2. Ron Reda

Ron Reda Cinematographer

Any suggestions?[​IMG]

3. Camm

Camm Extra

I have the same unit and when i was watching AVP it looked off to me ended up being the component cables. swapped them out and all is good

4. Ron Reda

Ron Reda Cinematographer

Camm,

Thanks for the response! Funny enough, that's what the ISF tech that calibrated it said as well. I guess what I'm having a hard time figuring out is why all of a sudden the cables are at fault. I mean, how does a set of cables go bad? I haven't messed with them in ages...

5. Camm

Camm Extra

[​IMG] maybe they burnt out, after all i did have to wait for them to burn in [​IMG]

honestly though it could have been my sealed tempest at reference levels [​IMG]

6. ChrisCan

ChrisCan Agent

One could be pinched or come unplugged