What's new

Hitachi 50VS810 + Onkyo HT-S770 (1 Viewer)

Bing Zhang

Auditioning
My family just moved into a new house with a family room size 19 x 20 and is ready to buy us new TV and HT as the Christmas gift to ourselves.

I am no engineer material and know near nothing about electronics stuff. My past purchases have always relied on online reviews and board member recommendations.

I concluded that a HD ready LCD projection TV fits my need better as I do not intend to hang the TV on wall. At this point I will go with Hitachi 50VS810. I always like Hitachi's color though Hitachi is more expensive.

A friend recommend me to go with Onkyo HTS770 and told me that is the best value for under $1k. I will use the HT mostly for regular TV stuff, a little bit of soft rock music, a little bit of Enya type. My knowledge in music and audio system is very limited. My question is is there a HT under $2k offer much better value in your opinion?

Any opinion / recommendation of alternative on the TV + HT options?

Thank you very much.

A very normal joe...

ChuckSolo

Screenwriter
Not really, it looks like you will be investing in a pretty quality system. My Dad has an Onkyo HT and it is an excellent unit. Now all you need is a top notch DVD/CD player and you are good to go.:D

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
Please note that the following is posted in red atop the Basics area thread-listing page:

Hence, this thread, which involves a complete system, has been moved to A/V Sources.

Users who are viewing this thread