What's new

Hitachi 50v500 or Samsung HLN 5067 Swapping for free W\store (1 Viewer)

kimCus

Auditioning
Ok we bought the hitach 50v500 in december & have had trouble getting a "good" picture & now the store is offering us a free swap for the samsung HLN 5067.

We did upgrade the "cable box & cables & even had a tech guy out to look at it & told us the pic was as good as it could be (crummy).

I cant seem to find any reviews of the samsung & I dont know if we should just get our money back or get the samsung tv.

Suggestions & advise please

Alan Wise

Stunt Coordinator
Kim,

I have the 60V500A Hitachi and have found it to be fabulous. However, it took me a lot of tweaking to get it there. There is a thread on another forum (AVS Forum) that covers this quite well. I will admit that out of the box it did not look very good at all. My wife was questioning my TV choice. However, now I am safe. I have my Comcast cable box connected to the Hitachi via DVI cable. Have you tried that? Are you watching high def. programming or just standard def. material? I would be happy to share my settings in an attempt to salvage your relationship with the Hitachi.

Best Regards,

kimCus

Auditioning
I appreciate your help. I did buy the Avia disk but either I didnt do it correctly or it didnt help, then we had a professional company come out.
We have special cables ( but not the DVI , YET) we have a digital cable box & only a few HD channels & we find we like to watch mostly the "local networks (CBS, NBC, ABC, & FOX) The HD channells are OK, even dvd's are only ok, When we watch the channel goid the letter were sourrounded by a pink shadow & the tech guy fixed that but the picture is still a bit bluryfuzy . I must say the color seems great though.
I am not sure if I should just follow your settings? If you are very clear on how to adjustthem I think I can do it. & Does the dvi cable realy make that much difference? I will try your settings in the morning & get back to you if I have any questions.

The company (after a 5 month battle) has offred to replace the TV with a samsung ( have you heard anything about the samsung? I think its to new to have been rated yet?
THANK YOU

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks