It will fit PERFECTLY
Can I get some expert feedback on it?
What do you guys think?
Look forward to your feedback
Thanks much
Christo

Dennis Reno

Supporting Actor
You are going to have to reduce the size of your image (under 40k I believe) or simply put a link up to it.

I just recently purchased the same TV. However, I just moved as well and haven't had a chance to play with it much. I watched the digital feed from PBS via a Samsung SIR-T150 and all I can say is WOW!

Jerry C

Grip
I've had this 43" Hitachi for about a month now and couldn't be happier with it. I was in the same situation as you in regard to having a TV to fit into a particular space. In my family room, I have an elaborate, built-in entertainment center with a section for a TV. I really had few options on size, mainly because of a relatively shallow cabinet depth (24"). The Hitachi 43UWX10b is one of the few tabletop widescreen RPTVs, and its dimensions matched the available space very well.

I should mention that I also have, in another room, a dedicated home theater based on a Toshiba widescreen HDTV. I mainly wanted the family room TV for viewing NTSC programming (cable), HDTV broadcasts available OTA in my area, and DVDs when I have more guests than my home theater can accommodate.

Compared to the Toshiba, the Hitachi is MUCH better at displaying NTSC signals. Translated, the Hitachi line doubler puts the Toshiba's to shame. Standard TV broadcasts from cable actually look good on the Hitachi, and the Hitachi Smooth Wide viewing mode is an excellent algorithm for watching 4:3 aspect programming. Also the Hitachi display is significantly brighter than the Toshiba's (both have been adjusted using Video Essentials), and has a larger viewing angle.

On HDTV broadcasts (using the Toshiba DST-3000 and an indoor OTA antenna), the picture on the Hitachi is at least as good as the Toshiba's. Same for anamorphic DVDs displayed from a progressive scan player.

I've always been a big Toshiba fan, but based on my experience with both, I'd not hesitate to recommend a Hitachi, either. Both are fine sets.

Christo

Agent
Sorry about the image size. (I have removed it)

Thanks for the info.

Looks like the Hitachi it shall be!

Christo

Agent
I was wondering if anyone had some pictures (other than the ones on Hitahci's website) of the 43UWX10B

I'd love to see it in someones HT

I'm curious about ventilation (as mine will be in a realatively tight area)

Thanks

David WS

Stunt Coordinator
First Post of a Long (And I mean Long) time lurker! I just had one of these delivered yesterday at 2:10. By 2:15 I had my DVD hooked up and what do you know, NO PICTURE! Tried different cables, tried using my camcorder, LD player, etc. Nothing. Finally called service (Sears) They will be sending a Tech out on Monday to fix and I've already demanded a new set. This morning I took a peek inside the TV. Turns out that the mirror is in about 100 pieces on the bottom of the set. Nice job shipping company!

David WS

Stunt Coordinator
Christo,
I got this TV because my wife said I could get anything (within reason) that would fit into our entertainment center. This set will have 1/2 inch on each side! I also think it's a pretty darn good set. The set has ventilation holes in the lower back of the TV. Nothing on top or sides. It looks great sitting on my living room floor. :frowning:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks