Hitachi 43UWX10B

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Rob_V, Jan 21, 2002.

1. Rob_V

Rob_V Agent

I'm thinking of buying a Hitachi 43UWX10B. Does anyone have any experience with these sets? Are they any good?

2. DougRuss

DougRuss Stunt Coordinator

Rob,
    I was about to buy one, but sort of changed my mine after seeing some of the problems some were having? I know there are probably some out there that haven't had any problems , but my Luck, I would get one that would have a ton of them? [​IMG]
    Check out Here
    * Check back to at least 30 Days at the above link.

3. Richard Kim

Richard Kim Producer

I recently bought the Hitachi 43UWX10B, and so far I'm pretty impressed. With some tweaking in the service menu and calibrating with Avia, DVDs look amazing! I bought it an authorized Hitachi dealer that sells refurbished sets at discounted prices. I got it for about $1300! You can visit the website at: http://www.uecweb.com/
    There are some problems, like overscan, and dark images having a green tint to them. I was able to fix the green problem by adjusting the green cut in the service menu, though it does alter the gray scale. There is a way of fixing the green problem without affecting the gray scale, but it requires opening up the TV. I figure after a few months of break in time, I'm gonna get it ISF calibrated.