Hitachi 43UWX10B vs Toshiba 42H81

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by davepr, Sep 16, 2001.

1. davepr

davepr Stunt Coordinator

Mar 29, 1999
    Would like to have some opinions on this. My gut says the Toshiba, but there are 2 factors driving me to the Hitachi.
    1) The fact that it is table top and will take some components underneath the set is better for my particular setup.
    2) Sears sells this set which means, I can price match but more importantly is that Sears does a good job of backing what they sell. From past experience with large appliances I know they will exchange or take back if you are not happy and will do this until you are happy.
  2. Steve Schaffer

Steve Schaffer Producer

Apr 15, 1999
    I bought an Hitachi Ultravision ntsc set from Sears a couple of years ago. I was quite impressed not only with the quality of the set but also with sears' handling of the delivery of the set.
    This was not my first rptv, but it was my first Hitachi. Based on my experience with this tv I would definitely recommend Hitachi to anyone. Not one glitch over 2 years of heavy use, and Avia calibration settings have not changed in those 2 years, indicating no apparent deterioration of crt brightness.
    The picture is still as bright and sharp as the first month I owned the set. I have not had to even clean the screen, much less dissasemble the set to clean the innards.
    Steve S.
    I prefer not to push the subwoofers until they're properly run in.