What's new

hitachi 43uwx10b problem...question (1 Viewer)

JoshY

Auditioning
Greetings,

my Hitachi recently bugged out on me. I was watching TV when the picture went out of focus. I think it has something to do with the blue. part of the picture is normal except the blue. the picture bends at the top and it is blue. When I pushed magic focus it started then stopped halfway through green. a couple of seconds later a number four appeared in the bottom righthand corner. I turned the TV off for five minutes and then turned it back on and it was normal again...Then it broke again.
Has anyone had this happen?
My warranty just ran out. Should I get a service manual and try to fix this my self or should I have someone fix this.

I appreciate any help
JoshY

Jeremy Anderson

Screenwriter
I don't think a service manual is going to help you much. If you're getting an error when you try to do magic focus, there's very likely a problem with the DCU (digital convergence unit) or the magic focus initialization. Sometimes you can get that error if you've adjusted overscan too low for the magic focus sensors to see the edges, but it doesn't sound like that's what you've done.

Have you tried going in and checking the convergence of blue in the manual convergence mode? If you're unclear on how to do that, let me know and I can explain the procedure. I have that same set and the service manual for it, so let me know if there's anything specific you need to know.

Hugo

Stunt Coordinator
Hi, if Jeremy's advice doesn't fix the problem, I think you should get it fix in a service center. Sometimes CRT do an effect called arching, meaning that they start consuming more voltage that usual. The causes convergence to go off. There's a way to know if this is your problem, but you have to be very handy, and not be afraid to open your TV. Let me know if you'll like instructions.

Hugo

Jeremy Anderson

Screenwriter
D'oh! I just realized the e-mail address in my profile is an account that gets filtered in really odd ways (which is probably why I never got your e-mail). I've changed my e-mail in my profile now. Try me at [email protected].

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks