What's new

Hitachi 43UWX10B is on its way! (1 Viewer)

Christo

Agent
I ordered the Hitachi 43UWX10B

Being delivered 5/10

I've read tons on "the greenies" convergence issues, power on/off issues.

Seems like alot, but once they are resolved this is a great set. Or so I "hear"

I have tweaked it out in 3 different stores and I love it!

It's also a PERFECT fit for my entertainment center.

Any other Hitachi owners out there?

Would like to hear some of your experiences.

Will let you know how everything goes with mine next week

Dennis Reno

Supporting Actor
Congrats on your purchase Christo! I purchased the same set almost two months ago, but because of moving, was unable to use it until last week.
My overall impression is very good. I'm using the Samsung SIR-T150 and a RatShack UHF/VHF rabbit ear combo for OTA HD reception. The first time I turned the unit on I switched to the PBS HD feed. One word - WOW! The picture is incredible. I hadn't even adjusted a single setting!
The only issue I had with the set was with blue. On the very far left side I noticed images seemed to have a slight blue border on the left side. The "Magic Focus" reduced it but did not eliminate it. Early this week I took time to converge the set and also used Avia to tweak the settings. The blue "fringing" appears to be eliminated.
The only thing I would warn you about is the picture quality of cable. I thought it was bad with my old 4:3 50" RPTV! Cable looks terrible on the Hitachi! I much prefer to watch the OTA feed even if it isn't HD. The only time I use cable is for ESPN, FoxNews, Discovery, TLC, etc.
Let us know what you think!

David WS

Stunt Coordinator
I've had this TV since tuesday! I'm loving it. I used Video Essentials to bring the contrast, tint, brightness, etc. under control and can't believe the PQ. It too was a perfect fit for my entertainment center, and thus my wife would allow it in the living room. Some day I'm going to have a front projector setup in the basement, but for now this TV fits the bill. I've been up at least until midnight every night I have it becasue I can't stop watching it. I don't have any HD sources and only an Interlaced DVD player, but the upconversion to 540p works fantastic. I'm happy with my choice.

An interestig side note... When the TV was originally delivered, the mirror was broken. In the process of getting a replacement, I told my sales guy at Sears that I was considering just returning the set and waiting for more DVI/HDCP sets to come out this fall. He told me not to worry about it and that he'd "Take care of me." He actually said that he'd exchange the TV this fall if/when Hitachi releases this set with DVI/HDCP. He also said his boss would back him up on the promise! I'm not going to hold my breath and expect this to really happen, but I'm looking forward to maybe making it happen. It would be so great if I can really swing this deal. Have the HDTV now and get an upgrade in 6 months.

Christo

Agent
Sounds good! ;)
Can't wait till it gets here
I'll let you know how delivery/setup goes
I don't know what kind of OTA HD signals I can get where I am.
Any ideas where I could go to do some investigation???
Thanks
Christo

David WS

Stunt Coordinator
I've checked out my Local Network sites and the 4 major networks all have sections about their HDTV offerings. Check out the sites for your local stations. They should have something listed, although sometimes you have to dig pretty deep to find it.

Dennis Reno

Supporting Actor
Christo,
Go to AntennaWeb. The site is setup to help in deciding what antenna you should use but it also lists what digital channels are in your area and the location of the towers relative to your location. If you have a hard time getting results from AntennaWeb don't despair, their server can become overloaded. If you do have a problem, you may want to try earlier in the day.
Also, TitanTV is also a good resource for DTV info.

David WS

Stunt Coordinator
Dennis, That site is great. Thanks for the heads up. I'd been able to determine all my local Digital channels by searching the network sites but I obvioulsy did it the hard way.

Dave

Christo

Agent
Very good site!

Thanks for the tip

It says I need a Medium Directional Antenna with pre-amp

Any suggested brands, model #'s, etc that will fit the bill??

Thanks again

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks