Hitachi 43FWX20B

Discussion in 'Displays' started by Carl Miller, Jun 21, 2003.

1. Carl Miller

Carl Miller Screenwriter

I'm just about ready to pick up my first semi large screen rptv. I've seen this Hitachi in action and love the picture, have compared it to some other models, read mostly stellar reviews and am almost sold on this model. Before I make the purchase though I was hoping to get some opinions from anyone who may have this model, or a comparable model like a Toshiba which I haven't been able to check out first hand.

Size is about as large as we can go given the room dimensions, it will be used for about 60% regular tv viewing (mostly sports and few prime time shows) and 40% DVD.

Any thoughts?

2. Jerrold J

Jerrold J Auditioning

Carl,
    I have a wsx10b,last years model and I believe they are the same.You may still be able to read a review at Sound and Visions website in the archives.They really liked the set and I agree with them that it could use a better screen shield.I love the picture on my set,it makes me wonder how it would look with a better shield and ISF calibrated.The matching stand is a bargain with it's smoke glass doors and makes the tv look like a million bucks. 43" may sound small for a projection tv but it's way more viewing area than a 36".The smooth wide aspect works really well on this set.You'll love this tv,just don't make the mistake of looking at the Samsung DLP which I think has the best picture I've seen on a projection tv.Good luck!
    Jerrold

3. Prathavan V

Prathavan V Stunt Coordinator

Hey Carl,

I bought that very tv a few months ago. I have nothing but praise for it. Great picture, great colours, great viewing angles, fantastic. I decided to go with the 43 since we have a FP in the basement, and really the 43 is a great size for the front room. It doesn't overpower the room, but the picture size still has the "WOW" factor without becoming the focal point of the room.

Apart from the torch modes when I got the set home, (contrast was set at 100!!) with some minor AVIA adjustments, I thought it looked great out of the box. I had it ISF'd last month just after I got High Def. Now it's really fantastic!!!

Positives...great picture, great brightness (it's right beside our front window), and great viewing angles. Plus, being a 2002 model, I got a great deal on it [​IMG]

Negatives....not that I need it since my HD box has component cables out, but it doesn't have a DVI plug. If that matters to you, for about the same money, the 46F500 does.