Hitachi 42V515

Discussion in 'Displays' started by JordanFran, Jan 21, 2006.

1. JordanFran

JordanFran Auditioning

Hey, i just bought the 42V515 from hitachi...i got a real good deal and i couldnt pass it up. ($900 brand new) the problem is:i bought monster component cables because i was reading around threads and found they would help the picture. So when i plug them all into the right spotson the tv and my surround sound receiver (Magnavox MRD-250) the picture goes pink. Im very confused why this is. THe cables are not the problem because when i use it to plug into the composite inputs the picture colour is fine. So im in a bit of a pickle. Also im not sure if it has progressive scan, can anyone help me on that?

2. Wes

Wes Screenwriter

Wes Peterson
    I did a search and it appears it is not a Progressive Scan DVD player. They do give a Componet out but it will be 480i only. Your TV is native 720p but you would think it should beable to covert the Componet signal to Progressive. My first thought was that perhaps you are not matching Red to Red, Blue to Blue and Green to Green on the componet in and outs.
    If you do have this correct and still goes pink try a standard set of cables on the componet, this can even be a Yellow, Red and White set, just match the correct colors. I usually Go Red to Red, Yellow to Green and White to Blue. I am not a fan of Monster quality and have seen more bad Monsters then any I have any cheep set of cable that come with equipment.

If this still gives the same results I think it might be a incompatible combo or something is wrong with the componet out of the DVD player. Try S-video instead, I don't think you would beable to tell the difference anyhow over the 480i componet out.

Wes

3. JeremyErwin

JeremyErwin Producer

perhaps you would be better off with an upconverting player with hdmi... (the players themselves aren't terribly expensive, though a few brands neglect to include the hdmi cable in the box.
    I assume that this magnavox has digital inputs of some kind?

4. Miles M

Miles M Agent

You probably need to set the DVD player to output Component. Many times, it will output Composite OR Component, but not both at the same time. You say the Composite works fine, which means the player must be set to output Composite.

When you try to use Component, do you change any settings on the DVD player or simply connect the cables to the component output? Check the DVD manual and see if you need to change any settings for it to output Component.