What's new

Hitachi 32" HDTV 32UBX10S for $999 (1 Viewer)

DennisP

Stunt Coordinator
I've been looking for a Digital TV for the last 6 months and saw this one at the local Circuit City (price drop from $1160 to $999). I was leaning toward the Panasonic 32" HDTV..but it's $600 more than the Hitachi. I've compared picture quality in the store and both sets look comparable. Both sets also seem to have similar features (filters, 3:2 Pulldown, etc) Biggest difference is the flat tube of the Panny compared to the curved tube of the Hitachi. Anyone have any experience with the Hitachi?

The savings of $600 can buy a Progressive scan DVD player or a ton of DVD's.

Thanks for any help

Tony Mc

Stunt Coordinator
I just bought this TV and I think it is an excellent purchase for the $$$. You can't beat the $200 sale price that CC now has for this TV.

Great picture on my analog cable. And DVDs are very nice. Be sure to sure the component connection. Do a search on the forums for "32UDX10S" for more information on what others have to say.

Rick Radford

Supporting Actor
Dennis,

That's an excellent price. I picked up one last October for 1199 (100 off the regular price) and felt I got a reasonable deal. I've watched the prices since then, and haven't seen the price come back down to that level. So this set for 999 is a really sweet deal.

Nice PQ with analog cable and great with DVDs. The drawbacks as I see it are:

1) curved screen (not really that big a deal)

2) only one set of component inputs (non issue for me)

3) channel changing is slow (is this typical of digital sets?)

3:2 pulldown is activated in the movie mode. I don't use it. My Panny RP91 does a nice job.

I think the Hitachi offers one of the least expensive ways to get into HDTV. (and, it fit into my armoire!)

Todd smith

Supporting Actor
That is awesome! I think this tv and its bigger brother are the overall best direct view 4:3 hdtv's available. I say this because it is a curved screen witch is actually an advantage to me in the current market of flat screen tubes (all seem to have geometry problems to one degree or another and it drives me nuts). I went to CC and compared the Hitachi to the xbr450 and thought the Hitachi was as good quality wise and better as far as color. The only thing that I dont like about the set is 1 component input. But if this is not an issue, jump on this set! JMO

James Zubb

Stunt Coordinator
Aww crap, I just bought this set like 31 days ago for $1150 from CC! :frowning: And it was literally 31 days ago on Saturday so I cannot use their 30 day price guarantee! They did this on purpose I bet...

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
What a deal! Aren't these price reductions amazing? (Sorry how that makes you feel, James!)

derek

Second Unit
Geesh...5 years ago I bought Hitachi's analog 32ux8b set at CC for that price! *laugh*

Tony Mc

Stunt Coordinator
Yes, the UDX10S model TVs can do the anamophic squeeze for DVDs. There is a button on the remote that you use to apply the squeeze feature.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks